Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excited!!!

tag
ckkandh8810
Established Member

Excited!!!

I just got my last paid medical collection removed about two weeks ago. Eq fico is at 686 and has 2 30 day lates from 2 and 6 yrs ago, the other two show those and a collection from last yr that I am working out a deal with the oc. oldest account is 9 yrs 10 months and aa is 5 yrs 8 months. util is about 68%

I wanted a card that only pulled from eq so yesterday I applied for the Soldiers' Angels USAA Rewards Platinum MasterCard, I got a 2 hr review notice. Today I login and I was approved for $4500 with 12 mos no interest!!! Currently my highest card only has a 500 cl so I was shocked, especially because I'm not even a USAA memberSmiley Happy

Starting: TU 537
Goal: 700
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Excited!!!

@ckkandh8810 wrote:

I just got my last paid medical collection removed about two weeks ago. Eq fico is at 686 and has 2 30 day lates from 2 and 6 yrs ago, the other two show those and a collection from last yr that I am working out a deal with the oc. oldest account is 9 yrs 10 months and aa is 5 yrs 8 months. util is about 68%

I wanted a card that only pulled from eq so yesterday I applied for the Soldiers' Angels USAA Rewards Platinum MasterCard, I got a 2 hr review notice. Today I login and I was approved for $4500 with 12 mos no interest!!! Currently my highest card only has a 500 cl so I was shocked, especially because I'm not even a USAA memberSmiley Happy

CONGRATS!!!

Before you apply for anything else I wouls strongly advise yo uto lower that util. your risking denials.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats nice limit

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
ckkandh8810
Established Member

Thanks! That was my next step but when the new card reports it should bring it down to around 25%

Starting: TU 537
Goal: 700
Message 4 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@ckkandh8810 wrote:

Thanks! That was my next step but when the new card reports it should bring it down to around 25%

That alone will give your score a shot in the arm.  The new account will ding a bit but the utlility drop will more than counteract that. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.