Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exciting surprise!

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Exciting surprise!

@MJSeahawks wrote:

My 2 year anniversary for my discharged ch 7 bk was 5 days ago. I haven't used or applied for much credit since then except for my student loans, an auto loan I got from my CU a year ago and a visa I got from the same CU about 8 months ago with a $500 CL. I decided I want to get a mortgage in the next year or so and finally started cleaning up/rebuilding my credit. I disputed a few items on my CR that weren't reporting correctly and decided to take Credit One up on a pre-approved offer and put up with their ridiculous fees and interest rates. I was approved with a $500 limit and a $75 annual fee last month. I am really not interested in this card, but I figured it was a start to help me rebuild and I would use it sparingly to help me get something better in 6 months..... 

Well tonight I got a little impatient and decided I didn't want to wait 6 months so I decided to waist a HP and go for the Capital One Quicksilver... I sat waiting while they processed my application fully expecting a 7-10 day message with something like too few accounts, past bk, etc etc and then Bam! Instant approval with $3,000 CL and it says CL will be auto increased after 5 statements. This is fantastic news! I really don't need another cc, or any cc really because I save well and am perfectly happy living credit free, but I'm very excited to finally have a tradeline with a decent CL. It will hopefully go a long ways in getting me approved for a prime card and raising my scores to help me secure a better mortgage! 

Anyway, just thought I would share. Positive moments like this during the process of rebuilding are awesome! 

Congrats on your approvals Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 11 of 18
bossladymom
Regular Contributor

WTG on your approval!

Current score: 693 (Citibank) NFCU CashRewards $14,000/ BOA RC Visa $5,000/NavCheck $13,000/Home Depot $4,620/ AMEX Delta Gold $2,500/Citi $2,000/ Merrick Bank $1,200/ Macy's $1,200/Amazon $900/Capital One $450/Kohl's $700/RoomPlace $2,500/ Old Navy $200
Message 12 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

You didn't waste an HP.   You wasted 3 HPs.  Hehehe.  No, those weren't wasted at all!  Congrats!  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 13 of 18
MJSeahawks
Valued Member

Haha very good point. I guess it was 3. Had I been declined it would have been a huge waste! I was just honestly surprised they gave me a decent CL and not $500 like my others.
Message 14 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the nice C1 approval!

And indeed, positions you well going forward now.
Message 15 of 18
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Was it the one with or without the fee?

Congrats.

Has it been more than 30 days for the Credit One card, if not you might be able to close the account and get the fee waived.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 18
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@MJSeahawks wrote:

My 2 year anniversary for my discharged ch 7 bk was 5 days ago. I haven't used or applied for much credit since then except for my student loans, an auto loan I got from my CU a year ago and a visa I got from the same CU about 8 months ago with a $500 CL. I decided I want to get a mortgage in the next year or so and finally started cleaning up/rebuilding my credit. I disputed a few items on my CR that weren't reporting correctly and decided to take Credit One up on a pre-approved offer and put up with their ridiculous fees and interest rates. I was approved with a $500 limit and a $75 annual fee last month. I am really not interested in this card, but I figured it was a start to help me rebuild and I would use it sparingly to help me get something better in 6 months..... 

Well tonight I got a little impatient and decided I didn't want to wait 6 months so I decided to waist a HP and go for the Capital One Quicksilver... I sat waiting while they processed my application fully expecting a 7-10 day message with something like too few accounts, past bk, etc etc and then Bam! Instant approval with $3,000 CL and it says CL will be auto increased after 5 statements. This is fantastic news! I really don't need another cc, or any cc really because I save well and am perfectly happy living credit free, but I'm very excited to finally have a tradeline with a decent CL. It will hopefully go a long ways in getting me approved for a prime card and raising my scores to help me secure a better mortgage! 

Anyway, just thought I would share. Positive moments like this during the process of rebuilding are awesome! 

Congrats on your success and your approval! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
MJSeahawks
Valued Member

Yes it has a $39 annual fee but it has 1.5% cash back on everything and I've heard of people having success in getting the AF removed after a year so we'll see.

The Credit One just hit 30 days today. I've already paid the $75 AF and made a purchase and paid that off as well so canceling it isn't going to work. On a good note though I just logged in and saw they gave me a CLI from $500 to $700 so that's good. I guess at this point I'll just keep it and use it sparingly and cancel it before next years AF hits. Can only help me from this point.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.