cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIA SOVEREIGN SPHERE VISA CARD APPROVED!!!!!

tag
lsdiamond
Established Member

FIA SOVEREIGN SPHERE VISA CARD APPROVED!!!!!

Finally got approved for the Sovereign Sphere Visa Card from FIA card services. Finally approved...I've been applying for this card for several months. They pull from Experian my credit score is 736, but given a small credit line of $1000 because I only have 3 months of established credit card payments on a different card. no past credit card payment hx..only have an auto loan and a paid student loan paid/never late. It's such a nice designed card it will be overnighted to me will get it tomorrow. So excited!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: FIA SOVEREIGN SPHERE VISA CARD APPROVED!!!!!

Interesting card I'd never heard of before - http://www.sovereignbank.com/companyinfo/media_center/news_releases/company.asp?ID=1000

Why did you choose it?

And, it looks like FIA sold the Sovereign credit card portfolio to Santander...

Message 2 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I also only got a 1000 line when I first got it . Seven months later I requested a credit limit increase to 5000 and a lady approved it with no problem; after a gentleman seemed to be having a bad day and just told me no with no reason. They are revising the card to have 2 points per dollar for the first six months, so you can ask if you can have that promotion when it finally comes out. Anyway, congratulations on getting it. FIA lets your limits grow really fast if you use their cards and pay on time.

@djrez4 wrote:

Interesting card I'd never heard of before - http://www.sovereignbank.com/companyinfo/media_center/news_releases/company.asp?ID=1000

Why did you choose it?

And, it looks like FIA sold the Sovereign credit card portfolio to Santander...

Sovereign is Santander so not sure what the article means. It says they did it in June of 2011 but I have had the card since February last year,and have not heard anything about FIA letting it go. Sovereign does have a new tab in online banking to manage the card, which is not fully operational yet. So maybe they will do something about it this year. I went for the card because of zero interest for a year. I pair it with the Fidelity card issued to FIA to get one cent per point, otherwise it is less until you get to 25000 I believe.

Message 3 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Hopefully it will grow with you.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 10
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Be careful with this card as it is handled by FIA Card Services.

Message 5 of 10
crmallon
New Visitor

Why be careful with FIA?

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. This is owned and underwritten by Sovereign by the looks of all the documentation I see... NO FIA relation anymore at all.

2. Part of Santander that offers subprime auto loans... Has anyone with bad credit or bk, etc. applied for this card??

it's pretty!!

0% for 18 months BT makes it pretty darn good too!!

Think you should change your title though and maybe we can get more feedback going on the bank and card

Message 7 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Hopefully you get a CLI at the 6 month mark like other members have reported

Message 8 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

[delete!]

Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Old thread alert 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.