Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY Wally gave me a CLI

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

FINALLY Wally gave me a CLI

Been trying for a CLI with no success. Had the card since the end of August. CL has been stuck a $150. Used the card several times, and PIF. Haven't used it in nearly a month and called the UW today request a CLI. Gave her my info, she put me on hold for about 3min, and she came back and BAM! tripled my limit!

LOL, its still not that much but it's definitely a good start. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
jagshere
Regular Contributor

Re: FINALLY Wally gave me a CLI

Congrats! Small steps build toward the future!

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 2 of 13
Involus
Regular Contributor

Congrats. I just got a nice CLI from $900 to $2500 with them - they are exceptional with CLIs. They will grow more with you over time.
Message 3 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh yes! I looove GECRB. My wmt card started as the store version with an $800 limit!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

It's weird though how Wally started me at $150 and Amazon started me at $700. 

I'm sure both are going to grow quite nicely. 

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Been trying for a CLI with no success. Had the card since the end of August. CL has been stuck a $150. Used the card several times, and PIF. Haven't used it in nearly a month and called the UW today request a CLI. Gave her my info, she put me on hold for about 3min, and she came back and BAM! tripled my limit!

CONGRATS!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Congratulations! I find that $500 should be a minimum credit line for all credit cards. I would think utilization on a $150 card was difficult and could have caused more damage just by using it. 

Message 7 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Congratulations! I find that $500 should be a minimum credit line for all credit cards. I would think utilization on a $150 card was difficult and could have caused more damage just by using it. 

yeah, it was a PITA, especially with the way Wally does payments the first few statements. They take forever to process, as do the purchases. I was only able to fill up mine and my wifes vehicles a few times. PIF, wait, and then fill up again, etc. The gas discounts and free FICO is the main reason for me to have this card anyways, but it doesn't hurt to have frequent CLI's on it. 

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Also, FWIW, before calling the UW # I tried to request an increase by the LUV button and was denied. I pretty much immediately called UW after than and was approved.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 13
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

That's great!  They start small but they snowball.   Ours took forever to get a CLI but they get generous the longer you stick with them.