Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI Target CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FYI Target CLI

It's a big dark secret that only Target is Privey to.  Ha!  If your at $1,000 after 2 years your doing good.

Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's strange...I called today and CSR told me that they are not reviewing accounts for CLI's at this time...Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's strange...I called today and CSR told me that they are not reviewing accounts for CLI's at this time...Smiley Sad

I really dont' think people actually do the reviewing... I think they type in some formula and the computer goes to work for a week and then it's back to the dark corner for us all to sit with no love... I really kind of hate them as a bank, but I shop there so often that I just keep using the cards despite the CL.

But it is fun to say I would like to devide this purchase up among my 4 target cards!!! always gets an eyebrow raise from the checkout person

Message 13 of 40
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I've been at $200 since 2005!  I have now reached a credit score of 745.  I have no clue what's up. But I keep usin my card and paying it off!  BOOOOO target.

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I really dont' think people actually do the reviewing... I think they type in some formula and the computer goes to work for a week and then it's back to the dark corner for us all to sit with no love... I really kind of hate them as a bank, but I shop there so often that I just keep using the cards despite the CL.

But it is fun to say I would like to devide this purchase up among my 4 target cards!!! always gets an eyebrow raise from the checkout person

Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with 4 Target cards? I didn't know that was possible! Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with 4 Target cards? I didn't know that was possible! Smiley Tongue

well when the first one never got increases, I applied and got another while my credit was pretty good... still got $200.

Then a few months later was spending about $200 and I was like I want the visa and I want 10% off this purchase so I applied and got another $200.

Then the following year, being last year I was like no way they will give me another and boom... approved $200!

I tried to consolidate... they were happy to close out 3 and let me keep 1... umm duh no! consolidate all my credit lines into one! that was not an option.

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

well when the first one never got increases, I applied and got another while my credit was pretty good... still got $200.

Then a few months later was spending about $200 and I was like I want the visa and I want 10% off this purchase so I applied and got another $200.

Then the following year, being last year I was like no way they will give me another and boom... approved $200!

I tried to consolidate... they were happy to close out 3 and let me keep 1... umm duh no! consolidate all my credit lines into one! that was not an option.

That's hilarious! I had no idea that it was possible to do such a thing. I just assumed they would flag your  SS# after one and that would be it. Very interesting, though. Thanks for sharing!

Message 17 of 40
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Are we talking Target store card or their visa?

Message 18 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

Are we talking Target store card or their visa?

Store cards, they never approved me for a visa

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fiance just checked his Target store card and they bumped his CL from $300 to $1000!  Woot!  It's his birthday today, so maybe it was Target's way of saying "Happy Birthday" Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.