Reply
Regular Contributor
Peaches4524
Posts: 124
Registered: ‎10-06-2009

Re: FYI Target CLI

It's a big dark secret that only Target is Privey to.  Ha!  If your at $1,000 after 2 years your doing good.

11/15/11- TU FICO 707 EQ FICO 710 EXP FAKO 738 (USBANK)
12/12/11 - TU Fico 727 EQ FICO 710 EXP FAKO 739 (USBANK)
Goal Score - 750 by 12/31/2012
New Member
creditstar1
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎09-26-2010

Re: FYI Target CLI

It's strange...I called today and CSR told me that they are not reviewing accounts for CLI's at this time...:smileysad:


Starting Score: 594
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 18,565
Registered: ‎10-23-2007

Re: FYI Target CLI


creditstar1 wrote:

It's strange...I called today and CSR told me that they are not reviewing accounts for CLI's at this time...:smileysad:


I really dont' think people actually do the reviewing... I think they type in some formula and the computer goes to work for a week and then it's back to the dark corner for us all to sit with no love... I really kind of hate them as a bank, but I shop there so often that I just keep using the cards despite the CL.

But it is fun to say I would like to devide this purchase up among my 4 target cards!!! always gets an eyebrow raise from the checkout person

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 667 GE, EX 677 Prosper (06-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
laryn41
Posts: 482
Registered: ‎07-31-2007

Re: FYI Target CLI

I've been at $200 since 2005!  I have now reached a credit score of 745.  I have no clue what's up. But I keep usin my card and paying it off!  BOOOOO target.

Valued Member
vegas_wife
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎10-12-2010

Re: FYI Target CLI


Creditaddict wrote:

I really dont' think people actually do the reviewing... I think they type in some formula and the computer goes to work for a week and then it's back to the dark corner for us all to sit with no love... I really kind of hate them as a bank, but I shop there so often that I just keep using the cards despite the CL.

But it is fun to say I would like to devide this purchase up among my 4 target cards!!! always gets an eyebrow raise from the checkout person


Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with 4 Target cards? I didn't know that was possible! :smileytongue:

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 18,565
Registered: ‎10-23-2007

Re: FYI Target CLI

 


vegas_wife wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

I really dont' think people actually do the reviewing... I think they type in some formula and the computer goes to work for a week and then it's back to the dark corner for us all to sit with no love... I really kind of hate them as a bank, but I shop there so often that I just keep using the cards despite the CL.

But it is fun to say I would like to devide this purchase up among my 4 target cards!!! always gets an eyebrow raise from the checkout person


Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with 4 Target cards? I didn't know that was possible! :smileytongue:


 

well when the first one never got increases, I applied and got another while my credit was pretty good... still got $200.

Then a few months later was spending about $200 and I was like I want the visa and I want 10% off this purchase so I applied and got another $200.

Then the following year, being last year I was like no way they will give me another and boom... approved $200!

I tried to consolidate... they were happy to close out 3 and let me keep 1... umm duh no! consolidate all my credit lines into one! that was not an option.

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 667 GE, EX 677 Prosper (06-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Valued Member
vegas_wife
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎10-12-2010

Re: FYI Target CLI


Creditaddict wrote:

 

well when the first one never got increases, I applied and got another while my credit was pretty good... still got $200.

Then a few months later was spending about $200 and I was like I want the visa and I want 10% off this purchase so I applied and got another $200.

Then the following year, being last year I was like no way they will give me another and boom... approved $200!

I tried to consolidate... they were happy to close out 3 and let me keep 1... umm duh no! consolidate all my credit lines into one! that was not an option.


That's hilarious! I had no idea that it was possible to do such a thing. I just assumed they would flag your  SS# after one and that would be it. Very interesting, though. Thanks for sharing!

Regular Contributor
JasonBourneOfCredit
Posts: 218
Registered: ‎02-27-2010

Re: FYI Target CLI

Are we talking Target store card or their visa?

Hey goofballs, Jason Bourne is from the Bourne movies. Yeah that guy. Of credit. Get it?

Starting Score: 561
Current Score: 734 FICO
Goal Score: 740

Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.


Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 18,565
Registered: ‎10-23-2007

Re: FYI Target CLI

 


JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

Are we talking Target store card or their visa?


Store cards, they never approved me for a visa

 

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 667 GE, EX 677 Prosper (06-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
pez478
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎04-29-2008

Re: FYI Target CLI

My fiance just checked his Target store card and they bumped his CL from $300 to $1000!  Woot!  It's his birthday today, so maybe it was Target's way of saying "Happy Birthday" :smileywink:


Starting Score: EQ 749 TU 751
Current Score: EQ 758 TU 776
Goal Score: 780


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+