Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling the love from Citi:::CLI

tag
maximiliano
New Contributor

Feeling the love from Citi:::CLI

I got an AAdvantage card from Citi last week with a 3kCL. I bought an airline ticket with it already which cost $1700 so I was sad that it would show such a high util.

After reading this thread I decided to request a CLI since it's a SP**EDIT. I requested 4k and I got a message that someone would contact me within a few days, so I quickly called them to make a $500 payment on my current balance (even though it hasn't posted to the statement yet) so that it would help out my chances. I just logged in again and my credit was increased by 4k - exactly what I asked for =D Smiley Happy now I have a 7k CL and my util won't be so high!!!

I'm so happy right now, I love this forum and I don't know what I would do without it Smiley Happy just FYI my other CC limits are $750 and below...

*special thanks to creditaddict for encouraging me to recon and to everyone of couse for their threads on success and fail stories

**EDIT: IT TURNS OUT IT WAS A HP

$7,000.............$6,700...............$1,250...............$1,500...............$1,500.............$820................$750(AU).........$500..............
Starting Score: 577 (08/2012) Current Score: EQ: 675 (2013) | EX: 686 (04/14) | TU: 700 (Barclay FICO)
Last app: 04/28/14. In the garden until 12/2014 (updated 07/14)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Feeling the love from Citi:::CLI

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
DomoNomo
Contributor

@maximiliano wrote:

I got an AAdvantage card from Citi last week with a 3kCL. I bought an airline ticket with it already which cost $1700 so I was sad that it would show such a high util.

After reading this thread I decided to request a CLI since it's a SP. I requested 4k and I got a message that someone would contact me within a few days, so I quickly called them to make a $500 payment on my current balance (even though it hasn't posted to the statement yet) so that it would help out my chances. I just logged in again and my credit was increased by 4k - exactly what I asked for =D Smiley Happy now I have a 7k CL and my util won't be so high!!!

I'm so happy right now, I love this forum and I don't know what I would do without it Smiley Happy just FYI my other CC limits are $750 and below...

*special thanks to creditaddict for encouraging me to recon and to everyone of couse for their threads on success and fail stories

WOOHOO, you INSPIRED me.  My Citi Simplicity is at $6000 and I asked for $6500 more to match my Chase Freedom.  Although I didn't get what I asked for, I got $4300 for a total of $10300.

Congrats to both of us. Smiley Happy

*Edit:  I got the same message that someone would contact me within a few days, but it took no more than 15 minutes to get an email response back with an approval.

*UPDATE:  Drats.... it's a hardpull.  Popped up on my Experian report.  Well, I suppose it was worth it.  Now two cards in the five digits.  Can't complain. *maybe just a little*  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@maximiliano wrote:

After reading this thread I decided to request a CLI since it's a SP. I requested 4k and I got a message that someone would contact me within a few days, so I quickly called them to make a $500 payment on my current balance (even though it hasn't posted to the statement yet) so that it would help out my chances. I just logged in again and my credit was increased by 4k - exactly what I asked for =D Smiley Happy now I have a 7k CL and my util won't be so high!!!

Congrats, but I would double-check your reports, with such a new account a Citi CLI will likely be a HP - especially since it was a substantial increase.

Message 6 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maximiliano wrote:

WOW... but also not sure about this SP for this new of an account but your outcome is WAY worth the HP and makes me that much more grouchy about my partners $1k line on his citi AA!

Congrats to you and the other that got a nice increase!

Message 7 of 17
chucky1234
Contributor

@maximiliano wrote:

Okay so I just did the same online CLI for my Citi AA card and submitted by request from $4.6K to $7K and was instantly approved. Wow CITI is in a giving mood!!! Love it!!!

Message 8 of 17
bradb
Established Member

I had also got an increase on my citi diamond preferred card a few weeks ago from $3,500 to $10k. I thought I would try getting my citi simplicity bumped up as well since it is one of my lowest limit cards ($2k) so I went for $10k and was only approved for $3,400 with no HP. They did HP me for the diamond card though, so they probably went off that report.

Message 9 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

For those getting increases (no offense creditaddict), when was your previous CLI?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.