Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got some CLIs from GECRB

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Finally got some CLIs from GECRB

Its been awhile since I had any CLI from GECRB. I have heard of recent success on calling GE underwriters, but im not going to mess with that right now. I just did the CLI request online and here is what I got:

Walmart Store Card: $1050 to new CL of  $1950

Amazon Store Card: $1000 to new CL of $1600

eBay Mastercard: $1500 to new CL of $2500

Had to call in and use the automated system for the CLI on the eBay MC. Total of $2500 in total increase is not too shabby I guess. For whatever reason, I got the smallest CLI on my Amazon card even though I use it alot more than the Walmart card. Only difference is the Walmart card has a zero balance while my Amazon card has a $100 balance.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: Finally got some CLIs from GECRB

Congrats!! I can never get that love button to work...always have to call in Cat Tongue

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 2 of 17
littlelottie
Valued Member

Congrats! My luv buttons never work. I always call in. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Its been awhile since I had any CLI from GECRB. I have heard of recent success on calling GE underwriters, but im not going to mess with that right now. I just did the CLI request online and here is what I got:

Had to call in and use the automated system for the CLI on the eBay MC. Total of $2500 in total increase is not too shabby I guess. For whatever reason, I got the smallest CLI on my Amazon card even though I use it alot more than the Walmart card. Only difference is the Walmart card has a zero balance while my Amazon card has a $100 balance.

If you want more call in and ask to be transferred for a Manual Review and they will pull a fresh SP report and give you CLI... What other kinds of credit lines do you have... I would start with the one you use and like the most and ask for $10,000... they will counter... if you get some really good success, ask them to then look at your other account and repeat! If not so good, hang up and then call back to do the manual requests on the others!  But truley ASK for $10k!

Message 4 of 17
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Datx wrote:

If you want more call in and ask to be transferred for a Manual Review and they will pull a fresh SP report and give you CLI... What other kinds of credit lines do you have... I would start with the one you use and like the most and ask for $10,000... they will counter... if you get some really good success, ask them to then look at your other account and repeat! If not so good, hang up and then call back to do the manual requests on the others!  But truley ASK for $10k!

10 ks? wouldnt  they ROLF seeing my 300 CL??? Smiley Sad

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 5 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You'd prob be at $5k per card if you'd alot yourself 10 mins to call GE Cred Solutions ;-)

It's your cred though!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increases!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Congrats on the increases!

Thanks!

I called Credit Solutions I believe this past Friday or Saturday and was told no on both my Amazon and Walmart cards. My Walmart card I thought I had a better chance on, since its been 4 statements since my last CLI. Rep said they couldnt raise it anymore and I would get a letter.

Well just now, I logged on to my Walmart account and requested a CLI. I went from $1950 to now a new CLI of $2750...so an increase of $800. Weird that I get declined from Credit Solutions, but the online CLI system gave me one. Waiting for my Amazon card and my eBay MC to hit the 4th statement since my last increase before I try on those two accounts.

Message 8 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Datx wrote:

The general wisdom is to call GECRB Credit Solutions once every four months without fail. This will yield you the best CLI's. The luv button always leans to the minimum increase.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@Datx wrote:

The general wisdom is to call GECRB Credit Solutions once every four months without fail. This will yield you the best CLI's. The luv button always leans to the minimum increase.

The old way was to request online luv every 4 months. The mod way for more bang per request is to aim high and place a call to U/W whenever (no time restriction if eligible.) They are not pushovers, however, and will deny for a variety of reasons but often approve for healthy icreases, especially for those with good+ profiles.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.