Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First App Spree - New loot!

tag
thecheese
Established Member

First App Spree - New loot!

I've been lurking around for quite a while and spent months reading/learning and paying down my current (mostly useless) old cards in prep for a spree to thicken my credit profile. My last app was probably 5+ years ago and it was mostly just for a quick amazon discount. Well, here are my results in order of application:

US Bank Cash+: 6,500 limit (instant approval)

Amex BCP: $5k (instant approval)

Chase Freedom: $2500 limit (instant approval)

Barclay Arrival: $5k (instant approval)

Denied:

Quicksilver (No AF)

I knew I was pushing it with the Quicksilver, but I figured I'd see what I could get away with. Probably set off a red flag with that last app. All in all I'd say it was a successful day and I'll be gardening for quite a while. Thanks for all your wealth of knowledge!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: First App Spree - New loot!

Wow Congrats! Time to garden and let your seedlings grow.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 13
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Scores?

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 3 of 13
thecheese
Established Member

Thanks! FICO scores were:

EX: 671

TU: 682

EQ: 688

I had 2 inqueries (just moved a couple months ago so the aprtment did a HP as did the cable company). 0% util across 3 cards, my AAoA was about 7 years, 0 lates, 1 two year old paid medical collection of $121. I also had an auto loan with a remaining $11k remaining balance with US Bank. I thought for sure I'd have to do a lot of recon with some of these cards. Just in time for the holiday shopping to get some of those bonuses! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Thanks for that. My EQ is usually the lowest of the three. Congrats again, but it looks like you're not eligible for Amex 3X CLI ...???

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 5 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would call 800-955-1455 to cap1 exec office and ask for recon of denial... tell them everyone else approved and you were hoping cap1 would be your daily use card!

Message 7 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would call 800-955-1455 to cap1 exec office and ask for recon of denial... tell them everyone else approved and you were hoping cap1 would be your daily use card!

+1

You took the (3) HP, might as well try to get an approval out of it.  Congrats on the other approvals, you wound up with some great cards.

Message 9 of 13
thecheese
Established Member

Is there some sort of script I should follow here. I gave that number a call and they refused to even look at my app or recon stating I'd get a letter in the mail telling me why I was denied. I'm certainly new to this so I don't know what the magic words here should be.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.