cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First CC Approved!! What in the world!??!?

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: First CC Approved!! What in the world!??!?

@Sitori wrote:

got it Smiley Happy

Does that mean you understand?

Or...

That you got the Walmart card?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 91 of 101
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

hahaha. I meant I understand...

I haven't applied for walmart yet. Which one do I apply for?  And who do they pull? TU?  My EQ is hurtin right about  now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 92 of 101
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

hahaha. I meant I understand...

I haven't applied for walmart yet. Which one do I apply for?  And who do they pull? TU?  My EQ is hurtin right about  now...

There is only one walmart app. You get considered for discover first, then store card. They pulls TU 99% of the time. 

Message 93 of 101
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Oh ok.  

So my Amazon store card is NOT GE?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 94 of 101
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

Oh ok.  

So my Amazon store card is NOT GE?

Does it say visa on it? Visa amazon is Chase, regular amazon store card is GE

Message 95 of 101
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

i

Its just the flimsy paper card...just the amazon store.  So that $1200 CL should help me get approved for Care Credit.  Maybe I should just apply for that instead of the walmart card

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 96 of 101
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

i

Its just the flimsy paper card...just the amazon store.  So that $1200 CL should help me get approved for Care Credit.  Maybe I should just apply for that instead of the walmart card

It is entirely up to you. I love my walmart card but I shop there a lot (despite how much I hate the store (600000 customers, 1 checkout lane open)) and the free TU fico, but I remember you said you don't like to shop there, so it seems like a useless addition to your wallet. 

Message 97 of 101
Epcot
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
There is only one walmart app. You get considered for discover first, then store card. They pulls TU 99% of the time. 

That is good news for me. I plan on apping for the Walmart card soon. I have 4 inquiries on Experian (One which was from 10/15/2010 so I expect that to fall off anytime now), one on Equifax and none on TU.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 98 of 101
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Epcot wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

That is good news for me. I plan on apping for the Walmart card soon. I have 4 inquiries on Experian (One which was from 10/15/2010 so I expect that to fall off anytime now), one on Equifax and none on TU.

They approved me for $500 with 12 or 13 inqs on TU, and then I got a CLI to 800 after the 2nd month or so, so you should be just fine. 

Message 99 of 101
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Don't apply for the Care Credit yet. There are probably slightly different requirements than if you were applying for a credit card. When you apply for any credit they look at your scores AND history.

By adding these credit cards you will be building your history. Your scores should climb because of it. By having these new cards you will be in a much better position to apply for the Care Credit in February. You will need to make sure these cards are PIF and reporting zero or close to zero balances before applying for the Care Credit in February.

You need to have at least 3 credit cards to maximize your scores and you now have them. You can stop now if you want.

After you receive these new cards and have them activated I would suggest that you close the First Premier card. Make sure you call them to close it and MAKE SURE YOU FIND OUT IF THERE ARE ANY ADDITIONAL MONIES OWED FOR CLOSING THE ACCOUNT!!!!

Not a bad haul for a first time app spree:

Amazon Store Card: $1200 CL

Cap1 Platinum: $1000 CL

Discover: $1700 CL

You really did great!

You need to read these forums now and learn how to use and pay your credit cards to maximize your scores. Yes, the way you use and pay your credit cards does make a difference as to how fast you can build your scores and get CLIs.

Here are the basics:

You need to use ALL your credit cards every month.

The reporting balance (That is the balance reported to the CRAs) is the IMPORTANT balance. You sometimes have to pay a credit card twice a month to be able to control the balance that reports.

ALWAYS pay on time or early.

NEVER pay late.

Don't spend more money than you already are to live life. You want to transfer your daily living expenses to your credit cards. Instead of paying with a debit card or cash, use your credit cards to by groceries, gas, restaurants, cell phone bills, cable bills and anything else you can think of.

Don't buy anything unless you already have the money to pay for it. Visit the "REBUILDING CREDIT FORUM" on this website to find out just how much fun it is when you don't follow this rule.

Using credit cards is a necessary evil. You need to have and use credit cards to have good credit scores but you really can't carry balances month to month.

What's the pay off for me you ask?

Next year your scores and history will allow you to qualify for some awesome rewards cards. Then, every time you pay with a CC you get cash back!

A good credit score will save you thousands of dollars in a lifetime. You will pay less for a mortgage, auto loans and auto insurance.

I'm sure I'll be seeing you around!

You did awesome!

Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 100 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.