Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Further Processing on Macys Online App

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Further Processing on Macys Online App

I applied to Macys online...since the last 10 times over 10 years applied in-store and got denied everytime. I've been having some success with applying online recently for cards. Anyway, I got the " your application needs further processing" message, not the 7-10 message I've been use to. Should I call a backdoor number? Did anybody have this message and get approved?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Further Processing on Macys Online App

@anca21bi wrote:

I applied to Macys online...since the last 10 times over 10 years applied in-store and got denied everytime. I've been having some success with applying online recently for cards. Anyway, I got the " your application needs further processing" message, not the 7-10 message I've been use to. Should I call a backdoor number? Did anybody have this message and get approved?

Yes

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would call the backdoor to speed up the process. Cant help you with the other as I was approved in store both times I applied, I have since closed my 2nd acct with them.

Message 3 of 17
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

when my sister applied she got the same answer so she chatted with a rep and was approved with a $300 CL.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 17
mario6585
Established Member

Re: Further Processing on Macy's Online App

I have gotten that message when I applied online with Macy's 8 months ago..I just called in and they just asked me some verification questions and approved me for $500 then 4 months later I asked for a CLI and got $3000...its sitting at 5K now. Goodluck

Message 5 of 17
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I called the backside number listed on the website around 3:30 pSt and they said they were closed. So hopefully Ivan get to the tomorrow.
Message 6 of 17
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

*backdoor number on here...
Typing from my phone...
Message 7 of 17
tryingagain62
Contributor

I just got the same message. Curious to what you find out from the backdoor number call.

Message 8 of 17
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I applied in Nov and got approved online for $100 LOL so I called and told them I wanted $1k and they approved it. Then a month later did a CLI request with a rep over chat and went to $2.5k then 3 weeks later tested my luck and ask for a $7.5k limit and they gave it to me haha I tried once more a month later and they said they couldn't increase it more at this time. 

Anyways best of luck to you! If you get approved you should go for bloomingdale's too if you shop there since they are both DSNB. 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 9 of 17
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

So I called and they said I was denied. They said I would have to go into the store to apply to give me a recon, so I went the same day and got turned down in the store. I called back in and was approved for $300!
They said I was denied at first because of my BK in 2009. They said it just had to be at least 4 years since then and that's why I was able for the recon. I will give it a month until I try a CLI.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.