Did you mean: 

GECRB Walmart CLI

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: GECRB Walmart CLI

CreditMagic7 wrote:

TRC_WA wrote:

After 2 months of denials with the love button from GECRB and them soft pulling my TU report from November (?????) I logged in to Walmart this morning and saw I got some auto-love...

... my Walmart card increased from $600 to $700.

Is this the point where I am supposed to be excited?  I don't buy into the GE hype at all despite the fact I have 4 cards from them.

Do Not, i repeat, DO NOT feel like lonesome george my friend, and i can genuinely verify your not buying into the India Credit Solutions hype often posted about. They have shot me down with a perfect record of denials out of that camp without fail since January. Even with good scores and 9% UTIL coupled with some lines 5K and better they always come back with the same old sob refusal. On the other hand, I ALSO JUST GOT A CLI on my Walmart card from the luv button. AND IT WAS ALL OF THE SAME YOU DID, A WHOPPING 100 cli! Smiley Frustrated

On the flip side, a little something does beat a blank and it beats India manual Credit Solutions. Beats me how some have great success out of that bunch.

LOL!  Great post!

I couldn't agree more!  I will no longer be wasting my time calling India Credit Solutions!

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 11 of 34
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

congrats on the CLI

How much do you use your cards? Do you ever let a balance report?

I've gotten some big CLI's with all my GE cards, and haven't even tried for them every 4th statement. The hype is there b/c its real, but just like everything else YMMV.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 34
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

congrats on the CLI

I've gotten some big CLI's with all my GE cards, and haven't even tried for them every 4th statement. The hype is there b/c its real, but just like everything else YMMV.

I've used my $500 76 and Chevron gas cards every month for 6 months... anywhere from $20 to $100 each month, and PIF each month.

My $600 Walmart card I charged $400 on... paid it $100 a month for 4 months, and the last 2 months I've used it for $100 each month and PIF.  I just got a $100 CLI after month 6.

My $7500 Care Credit I used for $250... paid it $50 a month for 5 months, and just charged another $100 on it with a payment due in 2 weeks.

The hype is there because it's very real?  Sorry, I just don't buy it.  What's the trick?  Do I need to max out all my GE cards and pay the minimums?  LMAO

NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Message 13 of 34
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

congrats on the CLI

I've used my $500 76 and Chevron gas cards every month for 6 months... anywhere from $20 to $100 each month, and PIF each month.

My $600 Walmart card I charged $400 on... paid it $100 a month for 4 months, and the last 2 months I've used it for $100 each month and PIF.  I just got a $100 CLI after month 6.

My $7500 Care Credit I used for $250... paid it $50 a month for 5 months, and just charged another $100 on it with a payment due in 2 weeks.

The hype is there because it's very real?  Sorry, I just don't buy it.  What's the trick?  Do I need to max out all my GE cards and pay the minimums?  LMAO

I've gotten success by using them, and letting a balance report a month or 2 then paying all of them off except for one. Once they update with just one showing a balance I call GE Credit Solutions and request a CLI on all 3. Last time I called I spoke with the same lady for all my cards, and every time was about a 30-45 second decision. I requested $5k on my Wally and Amazon cards, and $15k on my Lowe's card. I think I could've asked for more, but that's plenty for now. I think for every 100 people that have amazing success with GE cards there are 10 that have issues with getting them to grow fast.

Good Luck

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 14 of 34
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
I won't ever call them again. Luv button gave me $450 cli. I will smack that sucka every 4 months. Tired of India's stupid denials! Smiley Frustrated

LOL me too!

@j_casteel wrote:

I've gotten success by using them, and letting a balance report a month or 2 then paying all of them off except for one. Once they update with just one showing a balance I call GE Credit Solutions and request a CLI on all 3. Last time I called I spoke with the same lady for all my cards, and every time was about a 30-45 second decision. I requested $5k on my Wally and Amazon cards, and $15k on my Lowe's card. I think I could've asked for more, but that's plenty for now. I think for every 100 people that have amazing success with GE cards there are 10 that have issues with getting them to grow fast.

Good Luck

Was she American?  Because every time I call I get somebody in India that I can barely understand.  I should probably go check my Walmart account just to see if I misunderstood her "we are unable to approve you at this time."

I still call BS on GE. I have over $22k in CC's with a 19% utlization that is all on my 0% BECU Visa at month 4 of a 6 month promotion that I will be paying off by month 6 with every other card having a $0-$100 balance.

I'm doing it right GE just wants to continue to soft pull my credit report from 6 months ago when I opened the accounts (before I had about half my profile) then deny me based on not enough credit and/or too many accounts with balances.  Another reason is "not enough prime" bank cards.  Of course the $7k Visa I got in December doesn't count because they are pulling a report from November.

No inquiries since mid-December other than one on 3/24 when I refinanced my car.

Bleh...  Time to just accept the fact that GE doesn't like me and take my business elsewhere.

Message 15 of 34
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
I won't ever call them again. Luv button gave me $450 cli. I will smack that sucka every 4 months. Tired of India's stupid denials! Smiley Frustrated

LOL me too!

@j_casteel wrote:

Good Luck

Was she American?  Because every time I call I get somebody in India that I can barely understand.  I should probably go check my Walmart account just to see if I misunderstood her "we are unable to approve you at this time."

I still call BS on GE. I have over $22k in CC's with a 19% utlization that is all on my 0% BECU Visa at month 4 of a 6 month promotion that I will be paying off by month 6 with every other card having a $0-$100 balance.

I'm doing it right GE just wants to continue to soft pull my credit report from 6 months ago when I opened the accounts (before I had about half my profile) then deny me based on not enough credit and/or too many accounts with balances.  Another reason is "not enough prime" bank cards.  Of course the $7k Visa I got in December doesn't count because they are pulling a report from November.

No inquiries since mid-December other than one on 3/24 when I refinanced my car.

Bleh...  Time to just accept the fact that GE doesn't like me and take my business elsewhere.

I'm not sure of her citizenship, but that's irrelevent. Yes I could understand her as well.

I'm not sure why they are using a SP from November; are you enrolled into the free TU FICO with your Walmart card? If not, then enroll and see if they start softing you monthly. The vast majority of people (most) have no issues with GE, but like everything there are exceptions and it seems you, according to what you post, are the exception.

Like you said, you can just take your business elsewhere.

Good Luck

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 16 of 34
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

I'm not sure why they are using a SP from November; are you enrolled into the free TU FICO with your Walmart card? If not, then enroll and see if they start softing you monthly. The vast majority of people (most) have no issues with GE, but like everything there are exceptions and it seems you, according to what you post, are the exception.

Good Luck

My scores listed in my sig are current FICO scores from this site.  The free scores I get from Walmart and Barclay are about 10 points lower...  however a  BECU pull on 3/24 for my car refi showed a 664 TU score.

I've had the accounts 6 months so I definitely won't be closing them... but I will most definitely continue with the $20-$100 in gas purchases and my once a month Walmart.com purchase to keep the cards active.

They can keep their $100 CLI's.

Regarding the TU soft pulls from November... I can't say.  All I know is the rejection letters I've gotten in the mail the last 2 months show a TU score and a CR dated 11/28. I'm sure the letter I get in a few days will be no different.  I don't know what is worse... a current hard pull or a soft pull from 6 months ago?  LOL

Message 17 of 34
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Good Luck

My scores listed in my sig are current FICO scores from this site.  The free scores I get from Walmart and Barclay are about 10 points lower...  however a  BECU pull on 3/24 for my car refi showed a 664 TU score.

I've had the accounts 6 months so I definitely won't be closing them... but I will most definitely continue with the $20-$100 in gas purchases and my once a month Walmart.com purchase to keep the cards active.

They can keep their $100 CLI's.

If you've only had the cards for 6mos then give it some more time.  You're not entitled to CLI's (or CC's for that matter) so just be patient and not get caught up with how others are getting CLI's all the time. My Walmart card started at $150 and it was around 6mos or so when I got my first CLI which was to $450, then $900, then $2000, then $2800, and now its at $5000.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 18 of 34
toi34
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I mean...ow much discretion do they REALLY have anyway? Is it just computer generated and they're reading whatever pops up on the screen?

I got an auto CLI on Walmart, Amazon and PayPal SC for $900 each...after only 3 months. But I know how OP feels because I called about another GE card and manual review said "no."

Message 19 of 34
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I mean...ow much discretion do they REALLY have anyway? Is it just computer generated and they're reading whatever pops up on the screen?

I got an auto CLI on Walmart, Amazon and PayPal SC for $900 each...after only 3 months. But I know how OP feels because I called about another GE card and manual review said "no."

I'm not sure....I know I've always gotten what I requested when I called versus getting some random CLI when hitting the button.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.