Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening proves worthy

tag
PastorH
Contributor

Gardening proves worthy

I began my journey in this Forum back in early September of last year. (2013)  At the end of August I had been approved for a refi of my mortgage.  After seeking much advice here, I applied for and was approved for a Chase Freedom ($2.5k), a Visa by my local bank ($5k), and an Amex Green.  I then entered The Garden.

Three or four months later, I received a CLI from Chase to $5k, without asking for it.  During these past nine months, my FICO Score hit the 700 mark.  My scores at the CRAs also improved, as well as Credit Karma (which I use mainly for the tools).

At the beginning of last week I applied for a Discover card (approved immediately for $6.5k and already received it in its nice packaging), a Master Card with my local bank (approved for $5k), and an Amex BCE (approved immediately for $1k ... sad, but looking forward to the 3xCLI in 61 days).   Smiley Very Happy

I have a pretty full compliment of CCs for now.  I know that I have enough hard pulls to last for a while, and I may suffer slightly in my scores.  My AAofA has shortened, but my utilization has gone down from 45+% in September to 15% now. That's a good thing.

So, it's time to start over in the garden, thanking you all for the advice and support, and looking forward to a new harvest in the future.

Blessings to all.

PS: I posted this here because the result of gardening was approvals, but maybe it should have been posted under The Garden.  Sorry. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Gardening proves worthy

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 9
PastorH
Contributor

Thanks, coldnmn.  It means a lot coming from a super contributor!

Message 3 of 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing your good news story about how gardening helps.  I've been doing so since March and will continue until June 2015. Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 4 of 9
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Wink

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 5 of 9
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 9
PastorH
Contributor

Thanks to all of you guys for the love.  Heart

I certainly expect to be gardening until at least thru the end of 2014. (I may consider the Amex 3xCLI at the 6 month mark)

Now I'm going to work on my wife's credit profile.

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your continued success OP Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.