Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for the macy's Amex but question

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got approved for the macy's Amex but question

My partner was approved in store for $1100 Store.... His Amex side is $3000.

I think they tend to be a little low starting, then they will jump big.... I'm hoping so!

Message 11 of 14
solstice00
Regular Contributor

I had the Macy's store card. Asked to upgrade to the the macys amex.

The image changed after a few days and there was no hard pull.

I think they do a soft pull to check the score requirements. If that doesnt work out well, then they do a hardpull.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 12 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Depends on the usage and overall credit profile.   Mine have grown since the last 15 years.  Combined limits for Macy's store & Preferred AMEX = $20K, Bloomingdale's store & Reserve Amex = $23.5K.  So, yes they do grow, albeit 90% on mine have always been auto-CLIs. 

Message 13 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Depends on the usage and overall credit profile.   Mine have grown since the last 15 years.  Combined limits for Macy's store & Preferred AMEX = $20K, Bloomingdale's store & Reserve Amex = $23.5K.  So, yes they do grow, albeit 90% on mine have always been auto-CLIs. 

Yeah back when my mom and I opened a Macy's Visa we went from approval of $1k store, $2k Visa to $10,700 Store and $12k Visa in just 1 year... They 99% SP for all requests back then.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.