cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I THINK I was just graduated to the Wal-Mart Discover??

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I THINK I was just graduated to the Wal-Mart Discover??

I logged in to check for Nov. FICO scores, and after I hit enter on my password, a message came up that I have not yet activated my card, though I've had my walmart store card for nearly a year if not more.

I hit activate and went to my usual home screen where it shows a CL of $2500.  I don't recall what my store card CL was.

Is this how they upgrade you?  I'm a bit torn, because I'm guessing my AAoA will now take a huge hit, as will my score.

On the other hand, I may now be a member of the discover family...

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: I THINK I was just graduated to the Wal-Mart Discover??

Call ! Just make sure I've seen a new virus around that will look like a home page and then hours later encrypt all your personal files, pictures, etc.  They will hold them hostage for money. Hopefully I'm wrong and can say Congrats! Just be sure and call better safe than sorry.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 5
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

That is not how they usually do it. They usually have a pop-up on the page that shows the offer, then you click on it if you approve it, and it will tell you the new credit line. They may just be sending out new cards overall, because I have have the Discover for a while, and when I signed in to pay my bill this week I got a message about how they recently sent me a new card, and it was not activated.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

+1 They did the same with my moms Sam's Discover. It seemed strange since she never requested a card replacment for them to say "You current card isnt activated" It was until yesterday when she received her new card, they are basically announcing their new design.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

When I was upgraded, a letter came first and then a few weeks later I saw the activation screen. Basically coinciding to the period when they were mailing out the new card.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.