Did you mean: 

I love Walmart/GE!!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: I love Walmart/GE!!

@dante123321 wrote:

from 1000 to 2500 and the discover upgrade

Did you ask for the Discover upgrade or did they offer it?

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 21 of 127
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 22 of 127
qtcbcute
Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

I opened my Walmart card in 9/2012 with a starting limit of $700.00.  On Nov. 9, 2012, I called the backdoor number for an increase, and they increased my limit to $3,000.  I just called the backdoor number again and got another increase to $6,000.00!!  That was only 6 days inbetween increases and I have only had my card for 2 months!  I charged a printer on it and then paid it in full and have not used it since!  I think because Christmas is coming up, they are being more lenient with the increases.  I suggest to those who want increases to call the backdoor number! 

Congratulations and you inspired me. I called and got an increase from $1100 to $3000! Yes..we love Walmart/GE!

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 127
LesWH
Established Contributor

@qtcbcute wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

I opened my Walmart card in 9/2012 with a starting limit of $700.00.  On Nov. 9, 2012, I called the backdoor number for an increase, and they increased my limit to $3,000.  I just called the backdoor number again and got another increase to $6,000.00!!  That was only 6 days inbetween increases and I have only had my card for 2 months!  I charged a printer on it and then paid it in full and have not used it since!  I think because Christmas is coming up, they are being more lenient with the increases.  I suggest to those who want increases to call the backdoor number! 

Congratulations and you inspired me. I called and got an increase from $1100 to $3000! Yes..we love Walmart/GE!

Yay!!!! Congratulations to you!!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 24 of 127
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@dante123321 wrote:

from 1000 to 2500 and the discover upgrade

Did you ask for the Discover upgrade or did they offer it?

IMO i believe u have to be invited for the upgrade!

Message 25 of 127
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats!! Why are you asking for the amounts your asking for? Do u have other limits that high or are you aiming for the stars? My walmart card started at 600.00 back on Sept. I called a month later and asked for 1000.00 and they gave it to me....I was afraid to ask for more. I called Monday and asked for 2,000 and they said I needed more time at my limit. I never know if I am asking too high or too low
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 26 of 127
LesWH
Established Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:
Congrats!! Why are you asking for the amounts your asking for? Do u have other limits that high or are you aiming for the stars? My walmart card started at 600.00 back on Sept. I called a month later and asked for 1000.00 and they gave it to me....I was afraid to ask for more. I called Monday and asked for 2,000 and they said I needed more time at my limit. I never know if I am asking too high or too low

I do have limits that high.  Higher actually.  My highest is 16,000 cash rewards at NFCU.  I apped for the card online and I thought 700 was a bit low.  Using the wealth of information found here in the forum, I was able to get it up to the 6,000.  I actually won't be asking for anymore increase and any that I get will be auto increases.

Message 27 of 127
dude11
Regular Contributor

BS!!! No "luv" for me. I haven't used the card at all though and have had it for I think 3 months? I have the regular by the way. I tried for an early increase last month and the denial was for not having the account opened long enough. I assume that the letter in the mail will say the same thing. Oh well. YMMV.

Message 28 of 127
compassion101
Established Contributor

I was inspired and called. Previous limit 700, asked for 3k and was approved Smiley Happy

Have had the card for about 4 months and charge about 50-250 each month on it and PIF. Scores low 700s, highest other limit is 5k on 3 different cards. Util 40%ish (all because of 0% APR)

Message 29 of 127
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I will be pif tomorrow....I called while having a balance with them....that was probably not smart. I may call back next week, close to black friday and ask again. I wanted to ask for 3k (my highest cl is 3.5k) but I choked and said 2k....lol I gotta get used to asking for what I want
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 30 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.