Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Shock! NFCU approved me.

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Re: In Shock! NFCU approved me.

Oh wow no way! That is so great. Thanks for reporting the details. I was afraid of applying and getting approved bc Im back in school and don't have a huge income. I am hoping to get a 5k approval too but was thinking it wouldn't happen. Now you have given me hope! Lol

You joined with a savings account? That's what I'm going to do. Did you need to give them proof of income and tons of paperwork verification when you apped for the CC?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 11 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Sitori wrote:
Oh wow no way! That is so great. Thanks for reporting the details. I was afraid of applying and getting approved bc Im back in school and don't have a huge income. I am hoping to get a 5k approval too but was thinking it wouldn't happen. Now you have given me hope! Lol

You joined with a savings account? That's what I'm going to do. Did you need to give them proof of income and tons of paperwork verification when you apped for the CC?

The negative news that you have read here pails in comparison to the positive news.  Unfortunately bad things happen with any creditor so it is always YMMV.  However that would never stop me going for what I want.  If you want NFCU then go apply for it.  You have learned that they may or may not ask for verification and I haven't seen one thing that can determine what makes them ask.

They have never asked me for any verification and I have $25K in CC from them, but a friend of mine whose credit puts mine to shame was required to supply documentation.  So go figure, right?  LOL!

Just be truthful with your income as it is in case they do require it and you will be fine.  No sense in being afraid.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 12 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 15
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 14 of 15
Busaner
Established Member

Thanks for the replies everyone,

-They never asked me for verification of income and/or debts. 

-I use USAA Credit Monitoring unlimited service. It's worth the twenty something bucks if you are like me and trying to rebuild.

Moments ago, I just checked my scores and experian jumped 57 points!Not sure what to make of this because the new account is not showing. I aslo called NavyFed about the navcheck. The rep was straight up with me and said he didn't think I would qualify and was surprised I got approved for the CL that I did. I passed on applying for the navcheck for now. I'm trying to get some get some of my baddies removed so I can apply for an auto-loan later this year. 

One last question, is there any possibility NFCU will ask me for verification of income? I ask this because right now I live and work overseas for a foreign company and don't have actual proof of my income (in English).

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.