Reply
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 341
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

Hopefully Barclay's doesn't yell at me for opening a new account when they do my 6-month review in January.

 

I've been toying with the idea of closing my SW Rewards card when the annual fee comes due in March - the sign up bonus was fantastic but I'm finding that Southwest flights aren't very cheap out of my city, so I'd rather be using my Barclays Arrival card when it comes to flights.  However, my SW card is my only Visa Signature card - and I really love the siggy benefits!  Very helpful when travelling.

 

So today after closing my Amex Green, I pulled the trigger on the Hyatt Visa Signature and was instantly approved!  A free night every year is definitely a better perk than 3000 Southwest points per year...that doesn't even get me a one-way ticket to most of the places I visit :smileysad:  I applied through Hyatt's website so the first year's annual fee is waived.  In March I'll probably close out the Southwest card and move the limit to my Amazon card.  I don't mind paying an annual fee for Visa Siggy benefits, but I at least want the yearly "perk" to be nice.  I also considered CSP but I won't spend enough to meet their sign-up bonus, so that was a big downside.

 

Anyway, I'm excited!  I was approved for $7000 and I'm very happy with my experience with Chase so far...even if Southwest's rewards are kind of a bummer :smileywink:

TU: 761 (7/13/14) | EQ: 777 (7/6/14) | EX: 764 (8/10/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $5,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/13); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/13)
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,589
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt


isoldmyatlas wrote:

Hopefully Barclay's doesn't yell at me for opening a new account when they do my 6-month review in January.

 

I've been toying with the idea of closing my SW Rewards card when the annual fee comes due in March - the sign up bonus was fantastic but I'm finding that Southwest flights aren't very cheap out of my city, so I'd rather be using my Barclays Arrival card when it comes to flights.  However, my SW card is my only Visa Signature card - and I really love the siggy benefits!  Very helpful when travelling.

 

So today after closing my Amex Green, I pulled the trigger on the Hyatt Visa Signature and was instantly approved!  A free night every year is definitely a better perk than 3000 Southwest points per year...that doesn't even get me a one-way ticket to most of the places I visit :smileysad:  I applied through Hyatt's website so the first year's annual fee is waived.  In March I'll probably close out the Southwest card and move the limit to my Amazon card.  I don't mind paying an annual fee for Visa Siggy benefits, but I at least want the yearly "perk" to be nice.  I also considered CSP but I won't spend enough to meet their sign-up bonus, so that was a big downside.

 

Anyway, I'm excited!  I was approved for $7000 and I'm very happy with my experience with Chase so far...even if Southwest's rewards are kind of a bummer :smileywink:


Congrats WTG

It's been awhile since you app'd so Barclay should be ok 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 341
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt


myjourney wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

Hopefully Barclay's doesn't yell at me for opening a new account when they do my 6-month review in January.

 

I've been toying with the idea of closing my SW Rewards card when the annual fee comes due in March - the sign up bonus was fantastic but I'm finding that Southwest flights aren't very cheap out of my city, so I'd rather be using my Barclays Arrival card when it comes to flights.  However, my SW card is my only Visa Signature card - and I really love the siggy benefits!  Very helpful when travelling.

 

So today after closing my Amex Green, I pulled the trigger on the Hyatt Visa Signature and was instantly approved!  A free night every year is definitely a better perk than 3000 Southwest points per year...that doesn't even get me a one-way ticket to most of the places I visit :smileysad:  I applied through Hyatt's website so the first year's annual fee is waived.  In March I'll probably close out the Southwest card and move the limit to my Amazon card.  I don't mind paying an annual fee for Visa Siggy benefits, but I at least want the yearly "perk" to be nice.  I also considered CSP but I won't spend enough to meet their sign-up bonus, so that was a big downside.

 

Anyway, I'm excited!  I was approved for $7000 and I'm very happy with my experience with Chase so far...even if Southwest's rewards are kind of a bummer :smileywink:


Congrats WTG

It's been awhile since you app'd so Barclay should be ok 


Hopefully!  Especially since I will be using it as my main flights card.  Still not sure if I will renew it or downgrade it next year, though.

TU: 761 (7/13/14) | EQ: 777 (7/6/14) | EX: 764 (8/10/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $5,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/13); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/13)
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,083
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

Congratulations! Seems like that card is getting some luv on the board now. :smileytongue:
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,589
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt


isoldmyatlas wrote:

myjourney wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

Hopefully Barclay's doesn't yell at me for opening a new account when they do my 6-month review in January.

 

I've been toying with the idea of closing my SW Rewards card when the annual fee comes due in March - the sign up bonus was fantastic but I'm finding that Southwest flights aren't very cheap out of my city, so I'd rather be using my Barclays Arrival card when it comes to flights.  However, my SW card is my only Visa Signature card - and I really love the siggy benefits!  Very helpful when travelling.

 

So today after closing my Amex Green, I pulled the trigger on the Hyatt Visa Signature and was instantly approved!  A free night every year is definitely a better perk than 3000 Southwest points per year...that doesn't even get me a one-way ticket to most of the places I visit :smileysad:  I applied through Hyatt's website so the first year's annual fee is waived.  In March I'll probably close out the Southwest card and move the limit to my Amazon card.  I don't mind paying an annual fee for Visa Siggy benefits, but I at least want the yearly "perk" to be nice.  I also considered CSP but I won't spend enough to meet their sign-up bonus, so that was a big downside.

 

Anyway, I'm excited!  I was approved for $7000 and I'm very happy with my experience with Chase so far...even if Southwest's rewards are kind of a bummer :smileywink:


Congrats WTG

It's been awhile since you app'd so Barclay should be ok 


Hopefully!  Especially since I will be using it as my main flights card.  Still not sure if I will renew it or downgrade it next year, though.


I think you'll be ok :smileywink:

Enjoy the new shiny when it comes in......Good job

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Contributor
djc1puno
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

Congrats! :smileyhappy: nice cl too :smileyhappy:


GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 341
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

I should also mention my approval specs in case anyone else is thinking about this card.

 

All of my cards were reporting a 0 balance except for Barclays with an $800 balance, so overall utilization is 2%.  No baddies.  3 other accounts opened in 2013.  AAoA 10 months.  Chase pretty much always pulls EX in my state so I'm guessing they went off that report, which had 7 INQs, 2 of which were from earlier this year (the rest are from 2012).

TU: 761 (7/13/14) | EQ: 777 (7/6/14) | EX: 764 (8/10/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $5,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/13); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/13)
Valued Contributor
wHiTeSoL
Posts: 1,049
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

If you still want a CSP and need some bonus spend relief, app in the branch and it'll go down to 2k needed in 3 months

   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Valued Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Posts: 3,431
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

This card is my #1 on my card list. Congrats hopefully they never discontinue this card.

Closing all of these credit card accounts once paid off for a fresh start.
$600$800$1,000$500(AU) $2,500
EQ FICO---, EX FICO---, TU FICO---, AAOA 6 months, Utilization 74%, No delinquencies of any sort.
Inquiries on EQ: 19, Inquires on EX: 30, Inquiries on TU: 21, Gardening Since 06-25-14
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 341
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt


wHiTeSoL wrote:
If you still want a CSP and need some bonus spend relief, app in the branch and it'll go down to 2k needed in 3 months

No Chase locations in my state, unfortunately!

TU: 761 (7/13/14) | EQ: 777 (7/6/14) | EX: 764 (8/10/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $5,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/13); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/13)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+