Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

tag
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

Hopefully Barclay's doesn't yell at me for opening a new account when they do my 6-month review in January.

I've been toying with the idea of closing my SW Rewards card when the annual fee comes due in March - the sign up bonus was fantastic but I'm finding that Southwest flights aren't very cheap out of my city, so I'd rather be using my Barclays Arrival card when it comes to flights.  However, my SW card is my only Visa Signature card - and I really love the siggy benefits!  Very helpful when travelling.

So today after closing my Amex Green, I pulled the trigger on the Hyatt Visa Signature and was instantly approved!  A free night every year is definitely a better perk than 3000 Southwest points per year...that doesn't even get me a one-way ticket to most of the places I visit Smiley Sad  I applied through Hyatt's website so the first year's annual fee is waived.  In March I'll probably close out the Southwest card and move the limit to my Amazon card.  I don't mind paying an annual fee for Visa Siggy benefits, but I at least want the yearly "perk" to be nice.  I also considered CSP but I won't spend enough to meet their sign-up bonus, so that was a big downside.

Anyway, I'm excited!  I was approved for $7000 and I'm very happy with my experience with Chase so far...even if Southwest's rewards are kind of a bummer Smiley Wink

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Instant Approval for Chase Hyatt

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Hopefully Barclay's doesn't yell at me for opening a new account when they do my 6-month review in January.

I've been toying with the idea of closing my SW Rewards card when the annual fee comes due in March - the sign up bonus was fantastic but I'm finding that Southwest flights aren't very cheap out of my city, so I'd rather be using my Barclays Arrival card when it comes to flights.  However, my SW card is my only Visa Signature card - and I really love the siggy benefits!  Very helpful when travelling.

So today after closing my Amex Green, I pulled the trigger on the Hyatt Visa Signature and was instantly approved!  A free night every year is definitely a better perk than 3000 Southwest points per year...that doesn't even get me a one-way ticket to most of the places I visit Smiley Sad  I applied through Hyatt's website so the first year's annual fee is waived.  In March I'll probably close out the Southwest card and move the limit to my Amazon card.  I don't mind paying an annual fee for Visa Siggy benefits, but I at least want the yearly "perk" to be nice.  I also considered CSP but I won't spend enough to meet their sign-up bonus, so that was a big downside.

Anyway, I'm excited!  I was approved for $7000 and I'm very happy with my experience with Chase so far...even if Southwest's rewards are kind of a bummer Smiley Wink

Congrats WTG

It's been awhile since you app'd so Barclay should be ok 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Congrats WTG

Hopefully!  Especially since I will be using it as my main flights card.  Still not sure if I will renew it or downgrade it next year, though.

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations! Seems like that card is getting some luv on the board now. Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Congrats WTG

Hopefully!  Especially since I will be using it as my main flights card.  Still not sure if I will renew it or downgrade it next year, though.

I think you'll be ok Smiley Wink

Enjoy the new shiny when it comes in......Good job

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 11
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy nice cl too Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 11
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

I should also mention my approval specs in case anyone else is thinking about this card.

All of my cards were reporting a 0 balance except for Barclays with an $800 balance, so overall utilization is 2%.  No baddies.  3 other accounts opened in 2013.  AAoA 10 months.  Chase pretty much always pulls EX in my state so I'm guessing they went off that report, which had 7 INQs, 2 of which were from earlier this year (the rest are from 2012).

Message 7 of 11
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

If you still want a CSP and need some bonus spend relief, app in the branch and it'll go down to 2k needed in 3 months
Message 8 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

This card is my #1 on my card list. Congrats hopefully they never discontinue this card.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 11
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
If you still want a CSP and need some bonus spend relief, app in the branch and it'll go down to 2k needed in 3 months

No Chase locations in my state, unfortunately!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.