Starting Score: 612
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 61 of 74
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Re: JCrew CLI Thru Automated Phone System Approved

No luck on my 3 month old Express account, sounds like I'll have to wait until 9 months!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 62 of 74

Hello All 

I thought the Jcrew systems had a bug until I found this forum

I recieved my Jcrew card doing the "shopping cart" trick and was approved for $550. back in 9/13

I requested cli online during the year and recieved $200 increase's every few months to $1,250.

Tuesday I go online to pay bill and said "what the heck" i'll request cli. The System asked for my salary and POW another CLI was given

I continued 12 times until the system denied me. When the smoke from me key board cleared my credit line was now $5,450. Smiley Surprised

My JCREW is now my highest credit line over my $3,500 Barclay apple

Message 63 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Just tried for both my Jcrew and Loft cards, and was declined! They said I would be getting a letter stating the reasons. This better not have been a hP!!!!!! And I swear, next month will be 9 months on both of the cards and I better get a freaking cli of some kind! I feel another rant coming on lol!!!Smiley Happy

I just opened this card on Wednesday through the shopping cart trick - approved for $250. I decided to apply for the CLI immediately before I bought a couple of things and received the "7-10 notice" ... does this mean it will be a HP? I hope not! Smiley Frustrated

Message 64 of 74
Ambular1304
Contributor

No it wont be a HP, i applied for Jcrew card last week (i can never get the pre approval pop up and i wanted those CLI) I was approved for 300, hit the luv button and went up to 600. Now im just waiting for my first statement to cut and im coming back for that luv button again!   Now only if all my other comenity cards would play along too!

Message 65 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ambular1304 wrote:

No it wont be a HP, i applied for Jcrew card last week (i can never get the pre approval pop up and i wanted those CLI) I was approved for 300, hit the luv button and went up to 600. Now im just waiting for my first statement to cut and im coming back for that luv button again!   Now only if all my other comenity cards would play along too!

Awesome, congrats to you! I know the initial app should be a SP since I got it through the shopping cart trick, but since I got the "7-10 day by mail about CLI decision" notice after I tried for the CLI through the Luv button... wanted to make sure that request wouldn't be a HP.

Message 66 of 74
unboundracer
New Visitor

Hello! I just thought i'd share my recent experience...

Opened the Jcrew card in Feb 14' via the shopping cart trick with a dismal $250 limit!

Waited until 8/14 and pushed the luv button online until denial from $250 to $1050. 

I have never used this card so I decided after receiving some more luv on my Express card (which has had a couple purchases made on it) to make a small $15 online purchase at JCrew...

Went online and received increases in $200 increments all the way to $4250....that's a $1000 over my highest TL with Cap One!

This card WILL grow with you and the ONLY thing purchased with it hasn't even posted yet!

Message 67 of 74
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

@Bfrazierimages wrote:

Hello All 

I thought the Jcrew systems had a bug until I found this forum

I recieved my Jcrew card doing the "shopping cart" trick and was approved for $550. back in 9/13

I requested cli online during the year and recieved $200 increase's every few months to $1,250.

Tuesday I go online to pay bill and said "what the heck" i'll request cli. The System asked for my salary and POW another CLI was given

I continued 12 times until the system denied me. When the smoke from me key board cleared my credit line was now $5,450. Smiley Surprised

My JCREW is now my highest credit line over my $3,500 Barclay apple

Smoke from the keyboard ROFLMAO!!!! Congrats!

Message 68 of 74
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I got my J Crew card in August. I can't wait to experience this excitement!

Message 69 of 74
dize
Regular Contributor

It has been denying me on the online system, but it just worked over the phone, though it seems comenity only likes giving me 1 CLI at a time. I started at 250, got upped to 450, then 750, and now they gave me 1050. 

Was going to try on the total rewards visa, but they were about to transfer me to a live person so I hung up.

Message 70 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.