Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

tag
agforfree5
Contributor

JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

I am STOKED!!  my first Amex card! I tried to apply for a Costco/Amex last year and got denied. Today, I got an offer letter in the mail for the Amex Green and I applied and got approved! Although I am super excited that I am an Amex member, what does the Amex Green card mean ?

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report?

Amex Experts please help!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 56
agforfree5
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

Message 4 of 56
red259
Super Contributor

Gratz! Even though it is a charge card you are right that there is a ceiling on the charges, but I think it varies from person to person. I would call and ask to be sure, so that you don't get declined when you go to pay due to having too large of a balance outstanding.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

I am STOKED!!  my first Amex card! I tried to apply for a Costco/Amex last year and got denied. Today, I got an offer letter in the mail for the Amex Green and I applied and got approved! Although I am super excited that I am an Amex member, what does the Amex Green card mean ?

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report?

Amex Experts please help!

Thanks.

LMAO!!

Another cold app with no idea what the cards T&C are! 

Priceless!!

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 56
Rackham94
Established Contributor

LMAO!

They appear in a pop-up right before completing the application!! Smiley Very HappyDDD

Anyway I want to creep out this garden tonight perhaps....

What are your scores and inqs and age of accounts, please sir.

Message 7 of 56
agforfree5
Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

LMAO!

They appear in a pop-up right before completing the application!! Smiley Very HappyDDD

Ah I must have missed that. Yeah it pretty much was a cold app because I would take anything from Amex because I hated getting denied by them as I mentioned earlier.

Would you guys happen to know if it is just a soft pull now when I apply for other Amex cards  ?

Message 8 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

LMAO!

Ah I must have missed that. Yeah it pretty much was a cold app because I would take anything from Amex because I hated getting denied by them as I mentioned earlier.

Would you guys happen to know if it is just a soft pull now when I apply for other Amex cards  ?

Yes, SP if denied HP if approved.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.