Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.

They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Contributor
agforfree5

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

THANKS A LOT everyone! I will call CSR right now and check. I am also give it a shot by applying for a revolving CC on Amex right now

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

THANKS A LOT everyone! I will call CSR right now and check. I am also give it a shot by applying for a revolving CC on Amex right now

No NO No call when you get card ....you can app costco now if you like

Cap1 EO link below
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
New Contributor
flan

There's a tool on the amex webpage, called something like "will my charges be approved?". You can plug a number in, and see if it says yes or no. You can also all and ask, or if you're going to have a bunch of expenses (reimbursed business travel, etc) tell them. The number will depend on your spending history, your reported income, etc.
Contributor
agforfree5

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

Why can't I call now? They can't revoke my approval... right lol ?

Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12

Congrats! Also doesnt checking your spending ability often trigger an FR? Maybe i read wrong.
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Contributor
agforfree5

ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Congrats! Also doesnt checking your spending ability often trigger an FR? Maybe i read wrong.

Im sort of new..what is a FR?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

Why can't I call now? They can't revoke my approval... right lol ?

When you call with new card they tend to think you maybe getting ready to make a large purchase and tell you the limit...all CSR don't like to expose the limit set Lol

And no they won't take back your approval....LOL

Cap1 EO link below
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

I have heard the same thing if you abuse it ...As long as you just don't do it constantly I hear its ok 

Cap1 EO link below
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+