astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED FOR CITI FORWARD FOR $7000 WITH 719 FICO/EQUIFAX/6INQ

@CC365 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

I think jsickz was referring to the fact that it is no longer on the site.  Did you do it some time ago?

Woman LOL and that's all I'm going to do, is laugh!!

I'll throw out a life raft I guess. You can technically still app for the adult version if you go through the citi student forward link on the website and do not click on the checkbox that indicates that you are a student/graduate student.

I'm still going to laugh and I'm sure you are too! Woman LOL

This thread will be going down the same old dark road...a mystery of what this poster is cooking Smiley Very Happy

This thread is looking great so any other questions for you today

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 11 of 21
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@CC365 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

I think jsickz was referring to the fact that it is no longer on the site.  Did you do it some time ago?

I'll throw out a life raft I guess. You can technically still app for the adult version if you go through the citi student forward link on the website and do not click on the checkbox that indicates that you are a student/graduate student.

This thread will be going down the same old dark road...a mystery of what this poster is cooking Smiley Very Happy

This thread is looking great so any other questions for you today

Actually...now I have a question...Where did you see a question in the original statement?Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I would leave the card open if they have no annual fee. They are not harming anything by keeping them open. I do not believe they do increases before six months, but you can try. That seems like a decent limit to me. You have other cards that get at least 1% so the Citi Forward should only be used for the 5 points per dollar categories.

Message 13 of 21
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

I was glad that citi finally took  me in.They approved me the for the 7k.Now this is the highest limit on my portofolio

Jus thinking and appreciate a sugestion in here. Do i close any of the other low limits card that was opened like 2 yrs ago?

And do i ask for a cli when i activate the citi card?

Again happy to finally be on there door steps

Congrats on your approval!  Citi can be very rewarding. 

To answer your questions:  Nope, if I were you I'd not close any of the low limit cards unless there's an AF associated.  Just sock drawer them if you don't want to use 'em.

Ask for CLI?  Sure, why not?  You might get a "no", you might get a counter offer depending what you ask for, or you might get an approval!  Looking at your other cards, you've got some good CL so I think you've got better than 50-50 chance for a CLI on activation.  If not, use it for a while then ask for a CLI. 

Message 14 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@LesWH wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

I know I am! Woman LOL

Message 15 of 21
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

I was glad that citi finally took  me in.They approved me the for the 7k.Now this is the highest limit on my portofolio

Jus thinking and appreciate a sugestion in here. Do i close any of the other low limits card that was opened like 2 yrs ago?

Congrats on your approval and nice to see a positive post from you Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 21
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Citi is almost as good as Amex when it comes to CLI.  After your 6th statement cuts, you can request a CLI via your online account website.  You ask for an amount and they will either approve or counter and it's usually a soft pull.  If you don't like what they counter, you can ask for more but then it will be a HP.

Congrats on your approval with Citi!!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 17 of 21
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I would leave the card open if they have no annual fee. They are not harming anything by keeping them open. I do not believe they do increases before six months, but you can try. That seems like a decent limit to me. You have other cards that get at least 1% so the Citi Forward should only be used for the 5 points per dollar categories.

Thanks for the info

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 18 of 21
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Congrats on your approval!  Citi can be very rewarding. 

To answer your questions:  Nope, if I were you I'd not close any of the low limit cards unless there's an AF associated.  Just sock drawer them if you don't want to use 'em.

Ask for CLI?  Sure, why not?  You might get a "no", you might get a counter offer depending what you ask for, or you might get an approval!  Looking at your other cards, you've got some good CL so I think you've got better than 50-50 chance for a CLI on activation.  If not, use it for a while then ask for a CLI. 

Thanks,I was alittle suprise  with the approval and the credit limit is not bad for a start since i had about 10 new accounts opened 3 months ago 3 existing were closed from the lender right after i opened the new ones and back then citi did not approve the app but yea better late then never we always say
I neded it this prime lender card and i do have a premier card with af but damn is my oldest one and i have my hands tie with it

Message 19 of 21
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

I know I am! Woman LOL

ok ok now lets get serious in here.My bad i didnt read the posters question right Smiley HappyLet me enjoy the new card today lol

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.