Reply
Regular Contributor
Blackbeauty212
Posts: 144
Registered: ‎03-08-2012

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

I've had the Walmart Card for over 10 years.  The Walmart CL got stuck at $4500 for years. I wasn't able to get increase until earlier today. I called GE solution number and she asked me the income. She put me on hold for five minutes  She came back with the answer. She said. " Congradulations!!!! Your account is eligible for credit limit increase. The CL is $7000.  It goes into effective immediately." It was simple and painless.

 

 

Ron.


Damn 10 years, and you not at the Discover level yet, or you just don't want it? 

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!

[ Edited ]

Blackbeauty212 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

I've had the Walmart Card for over 10 years.  The Walmart CL got stuck at $4500 for years. I wasn't able to get increase until earlier today. I called GE solution number and she asked me the income. She put me on hold for five minutes  She came back with the answer. She said. " Congradulations!!!! Your account is eligible for credit limit increase. The CL is $7000.  It goes into effective immediately." It was simple and painless.

 

 

Ron.


Damn 10 years, and you not at the Discover level yet, or you just don't want it? 


They kept telling me there wasn't upgrade for me.  So I quit asking. I decided to apply for the card and got approved. Now I have both Walmart card and Walmart Discover.

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
colindidit
Posts: 665
Registered: ‎11-13-2012

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!

Call for all of them all they can do is say no. :smileyhappy:
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Established Contributor
CribDuchess
Posts: 589
Registered: ‎09-12-2011

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:  My Old Navy Visa, Sams Club Discover, Sams Club Credit, PayPal MC got stuck for a while. I'm thinking which one I should call for CLI.

What do you guys think?

 

 

Ron.


I say call and ask for CLIs on ALL of them.  It sounds like you are long overdue.  I think it was LS who was able to call and get increases on many of his GE cards all in the same day.  This number works for all GE cards:  1-877-379-8173.  Rumor has it that for best results, it is better to call during the evening or on weekends.  :smileywink:

 

Good luck Ron!!

FICOs: TU08 841 6/3/14 per Wally; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 810 6/10/14; EX 805 6/12/14 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $15K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom MC $7.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $15.1K; Discover IT $22.5K; Sallie Mae WMC $12.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $20K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!


CribDuchess wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:  My Old Navy Visa, Sams Club Discover, Sams Club Credit, PayPal MC got stuck for a while. I'm thinking which one I should call for CLI.

What do you guys think?

 

 

Ron.


I say call and ask for CLIs on ALL of them.  It sounds like you are long overdue.  I think it was LS who was able to call and get increases on many of his GE cards all in the same day.  This number works for all GE cards:  1-877-379-8173.  Rumor has it that for best results, it is better to call during the evening or on weekends.  :smileywink:

 

Good luck Ron!!


I'm holding the line for 15 min. Now they're processing my CLI request for Old Navy Visa. Wish me luck!!!

 

 

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!


Ron1 wrote:

CribDuchess wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:  My Old Navy Visa, Sams Club Discover, Sams Club Credit, PayPal MC got stuck for a while. I'm thinking which one I should call for CLI.

What do you guys think?

 

 

Ron.


I say call and ask for CLIs on ALL of them.  It sounds like you are long overdue.  I think it was LS who was able to call and get increases on many of his GE cards all in the same day.  This number works for all GE cards:  1-877-379-8173.  Rumor has it that for best results, it is better to call during the evening or on weekends.  :smileywink:

 

Good luck Ron!!


I'm holding the line for 15 min. Now they're processing my CLI request for Old Navy Visa. Wish me luck!!!

 

 

Ron.


Guys, It doesn't look good. My CLI request is sending to other dept for further review.  They will call me back with the answer. I hope the're not going to close all my other GE accounts.

 

 

Ron.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,154
Registered: ‎08-16-2012

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!

Oh shiz...
Did they need to speak with a "Senior Analyst"

This is why Im not messing with GECRB for any more clis for a while.
Im scared they'll shut me down.

Don't worry though!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Oh shiz...
Did they need to speak with a "Senior Analyst"

This is why Im not messing with GECRB for any more clis for a while.
Im scared they'll shut me down.

Don't worry though!

I don't know. They put me on hold at leas 20 min. They came back they couldn't reach a decision. They will sent CLI request to another dept. for further review.  They asked me a phone number to contact me. I gave them my mobile number.  I don't have any balance on the card. I have perfect payment history.

 

Ron.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,154
Registered: ‎08-16-2012

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!

That's very odd. I know that on several occasions, they've put me on hold for a "senior" analyst... Then I get xferred to some grumpy US based rep, and Ive been getting denied a cli on my Paypal MC from $20k to $30k. 😳
Perhaps your credit report is so extensive that they need "days" to delve into your credit profile?
Hmm. Do indulge us once they've made a decision 😄
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,707
Registered: ‎05-23-2009

Re: JUst Got Walmart Card CLI by caliing backdoor!!!!


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
That's very odd. I know that on several occasions, they've put me on hold for a "senior" analyst... Then I get xferred to some grumpy US based rep, and Ive been getting denied a cli on my Paypal MC from $20k to $30k. 😳
Perhaps your credit report is so extensive that they need "days" to delve into your credit profile?
Hmm. Do indulge us once they've made a decision 😄

He sounded like I didn't spend enough for the CLI.  He put me on hold for a long time.  I  asked to increase from $5K to $10K and it might be a lot for them. I didn't talk to anyone.

 

 

Ron.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+