cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumped on the duck/beaver card band wagon!

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Jumped on the duck/beaver card band wagon!

Congrats OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

Credit score 733. Two open Car loans, one for 38k one for 29k. No mortgage, No negitives, current usage is 9%.  

Does this mean 9% of all the credit limits reported in your siggy?

Message 12 of 21
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@awp317 wrote:

Credit score 733. Two open Car loans, one for 38k one for 29k. No mortgage, No negitives, current usage is 9%.  

Does this mean 9% of all the credit limits reported in your siggy?

9% total usage combined. the USAA pie chart thing says 9% debt 91% credit. I only have a balance on my amex and I pay in full each month. But since I always charge the same things to it, it never reports much different than a 12k balance. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 13 of 21
madnutz
New Contributor

ouch, just called today to check on status of my app and they only approved me for 500 bucks :/ Called the recon line to try to get it raised and the tech on the phone told me she would submit the request and I should get a letter in the mail with results

Message 14 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yuh!! Get that Beaver!!!! Lmao. *starts dancing and singing to made up Beaver song*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 21
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Well in my grand final to my app spree before entering the garden I applied for a citi prestige, Got a "please call us for more info" responce. Never called before but figured why not. Very nice guy on the phone (and american too!) I explained that I have an amex platinum, that I travel alot and amex isnt as widly accepted as mastercard ,and that the citi prestige seems like a very comperable card to it and that the 30k sign up bonus is what drew me to apply. He siad to wait about 2 min while he looks over everything. Came back and said "I dont see anything negitive on your report, you do have quite alot of hard pulls and thats why the system kicked you out, however your payment history with us has been excellent and I can approve you for 15k to start and in 60 days if you havent missed a payment or gone over the limit we can up that" So YAY my first "recon" if you will and it paid off! Now im in the garden.

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 16 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Wow you're on a roll.  I got prompted to call Citi last night as well, on a business app, but they told me it was just to be sure it was me haha.

Message 17 of 21
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Hmm that has me wondering if I should try to call the back door number for citi business. I tried that about 2 weeks ago and was instantly denied for an AA card for business. The letter in the mail only listed "to many inquries" as the reason. I never have had good luck with business credit cards, but excellent luck personally, Dont understand really, with the company I claim way more income and my credit is the same whether im PG or just on my own. 

IM also wondering if I can cancel my premier and have them apply that limit to the prestige. 

Message 18 of 21
awp317
Frequent Contributor

wow got the citi card today and what a presentation. Im amazed the guy on the phone said 7-10 days. They send it next day. Intrestingly enough there was a envelope from UPS. Open it up and its a letter form citi just explaining my terms and such. Then a box from fedex, open the box and its the citi prestige box pretty cool, open it up, card and a whole bunch of info about the perks and services of the card are waiting. Real excited ot use it. Its a "world elite" what makes that different from my other two world master cards? 

Message 19 of 21
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Has this happened to anyone else? I got a letter today from them and it just contained my credit rating. It didnt have a card in it? is this normal or did they decide I dont deserve one? 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.