Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Approved for Discover More Card!

tag
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Just Approved for Discover More Card!

Hey all,

Just got approved for the Discover More card. 2k credit limit. Anyone else have this card? Got a few questions:

1. How often should I use to get a CLI within the next 6 months

2. Does Discover like usage

3. Does Discover grow with you?

I also have an Orchard card with $400 limit and a Cap One card with 1500 limit. Neither will give me a CLI. Both have AF's and neither company will budge on them. What should I do? I have had Orchard card since 2007 and Cap One card since early 2009. Any input greatly appreciated.

-The Chairman

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jdsays
Contributor

Re: Just Approved for Discover More Card!

CONGRATS!!!!   Discover is a great card to have Smiley Very Happy

Can I ask...do you know which report(s) they pulled?  Do you have any baddies?  I've been working on my reports for a while now, hoping for a great card like Discover...

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Message 2 of 18
MrChairman
Established Contributor

I have a charged off account from  Charter Comm and a charged off account from capital one. Both about 4 years old and paid. Other than those,

Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)

Message 3 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@MrChairman wrote:

Hey all,

Just got approved for the Discover More card. 2k credit limit. Anyone else have this card? Got a few questions:

1. How often should I use to get a CLI within the next 6 months

2. Does Discover like usage

3. Does Discover grow with you?

I also have an Orchard card with $400 limit and a Cap One card with 1500 limit. Neither will give me a CLI. Both have AF's and neither company will budge on them. What should I do? I have had Orchard card since 2007 and Cap One card since early 2009. Any input greatly appreciated.

-The Chairman

Congratulations.  Starting off with a $2000 limit may qualify you for CLI's every three months.  It may be disclosed in the information packet how often you can expect to receive CLI's.  Discover does like usage.  But they also like for you to pay the balance in full each month.  The card will definitely grow with you.

Message 4 of 18
jdsays
Contributor

Thanks for the info!  Congrats again!

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Message 5 of 18
emartin82
Regular Contributor

congrats!!! i just apped for a discover more card myself. i have 3 charge offs from 2004. my TU only shows 2 of them. i've been denied in the past and i was hoping to get approved, but i got the dreaded 5-7 day message.

i called in just now and they say that the department who is processing my app is closed. i just know its another denial Smiley Sad

TU=710

EQ=676

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got approved for one myself. Smiley Very Happy No idea about limit yet, hopefully $3k+. Whatever the case, I get to move away from my 22%+ APR's finally!
Message 7 of 18
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Think I am going to cancel my orchard cc today. It has served it's purpose and they have only given me a $100 CLI, when I requested it,for over 2 yrs of EXCELLENT payment history. Not worth the AF for only a measly $400 CL. I'm in the big leauge's now anyways hehehe.

Message 8 of 18
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@emartin82 wrote:

congrats!!! i just apped for a discover more card myself. i have 3 charge offs from 2004. my TU only shows 2 of them. i've been denied in the past and i was hoping to get approved, but i got the dreaded 5-7 day message.

i called in just now and they say that the department who is processing my app is closed. i just know its another denial Smiley Sad

TU=710

EQ=676

I wouldn't say that message is a denial.  I applied with scores very similar to yours about 5 months ago.  I received the same message 5-7 day message, called and was told that I was denied.  I asked if they could reconsider, and they offered to pull a credit report of my choice.  They then pulled my EX and approved me for $1500.  At 3 months, I got an auto CLI of $300. 
***From ashy to classy***
Message 9 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats to all who recently got approved for a Discover Card.  If you have questions that you want answered directly from a Discover representative...add Discover to your Facebook page. 
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.