cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for a Discover card, is there anyway i can check my CL?

tag
MannyG
Established Member

Just got approved for a Discover card, is there anyway i can check my CL?

Sunday i applied for a Chase Freedom card and was appoved instantly, and i also applied for a Discover card(i forget which one, i think it was Discover iT)
With the Discovery card it told me i was under review.. Then today i checked the status and they said i was approved. Great!
But thats all they told me.. I know im being impatient but im excited! And eager to know the limit..

With my Amex card right after approval i called in and an automated system told me my limit. Does Discovery to this too? Thanks guys

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just got approved for a Discover card, is there anyway i can check my CL?

Congrats! You should be able to figure out the limit if you set up your account online. It's gonna tell you your limit indirectly, for example, it'll ask you for setting up an alert when your spending reaches the credit limit. In my case, it asked me to set it up at $3500, so I knew my limit was atleast that.

Hope it makes sense.

ETA: Or you can also call in, and they'll tell you right away.

Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 12
Express
Frequent Contributor

@MannyG wrote:
Sunday i applied for a Chase Freedom card and was appoved instantly, and i also applied for a Discover card(i forget which one, i think it was Discover iT)
With the Discovery card it told me i was under review.. Then today i checked the status and they said i was approved. Great!
But thats all they told me.. I know im being impatient but im excited! And eager to know the limit..

With my Amex card right after approval i called in and an automated system told me my limit. Does Discovery to this too? Thanks guys

Congrats! on both Cards  Smiley Happy

Give them a call they will tell you.

CL $408,200
Message 4 of 12
MannyG
Established Member

Well i called and talked to a operator and asked her my limit.
She said.....:clears throat: $6000!!!!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! So with this and the Chase Freedom CC thats a 8k total!! I was expecting 1k, 1.5 or even 2k but 6k!!???

My eq score is 704 (this is without the balance i paid off, it hasnt updated yet, so my score should shoot up 10 points at least)
Throw in 8k of new un used credit, shouldnt my score jump up another 10 points? My total capacity is only 4k, now its gonna be 12k with less than 5% utilization

My exp score is 651.. A joke

God bless everyone who uses equifax lol.. My credit report is also respectable... If it werent for 1 stupid collection from 4 years ago it wouod be immaculate

Hard work and dedication tho, god is good

Message 5 of 12
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

First off, congrats!

Secondly,

How much was your Freedom?

I was thinking of calling them and raising the limit then turning around and telling Discover to match my IT to the Freedom so I'd use their transfer balance instead of  the Freedom because I'm more comfortable with Discover's terms.

(a way to trick them both to raise my CLs)

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 6 of 12
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
MannyG
Established Member

Thank you kindly,

My Chase Freedom card is only 2k, and when i say only im not being ungrateful.. Im very happy about that. But im just shocked Discover approved me for so much lol..

I may try to use that tactic to have the Chase Card limit raised lol.. Interesting

Message 8 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 12
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I was shocked when Discover approved me for $7500 last year. I almost cried when I saw the limit, lol.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.