Did you mean: 

MACYS

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: MACYS

@mkhan6349 wrote:

Hello,

I went to Macy's last night to buy some colognes. At the time of the checkout, for some reason, the cashier didn't ask me if I wanted to open a Macy's card maybe judging from age (I'm 22 years old). Anyhow, I decided to take my chances and asked her if she can help me apply for a Macy's card. We applied for the card and within 2-3 minutes she said reading the receipt in a questioning voice "you got approved for $1200?".

I was a little offended by her behavior but surprised that I got approved for such high limit. I have a credit score of 690 (Equifax) and recently got a car lease few months back and have about 2.7 years of established credit with multiple cards with max limit of $700. My question is if anyone knows what are the terms of the Macy's card. The cashier just gave me a receipt with the credit limit on it but it doesn't specify the APR and all the gotcha terms.

I know how it feals when I use my AMEX one time the casher looked at me like you have a AMEX? You look so young look.

Message 11 of 21
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Ehh people who work at these stores that are older think they run the place
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! You moved into the big leagues!
Message 13 of 21
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 14 of 21
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Double Congrats! Whatever you are doing continue to do so.
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 15 of 21
One7
Valued Contributor

Awesome and congratulations!  Macy's has everything

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 16 of 21
mkhan6349

Hello guys,

I received my Macy's card in the mail. I called the customer service to activate the card and found out that it is indeed an Amex card and the credit limit is $6000 with $1200 in-store credit.

Message 17 of 21
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Easter Egg hunt to find out you got 6K AMEX Smiley Happy  

Congrats!  It will grow as you use and CLI it.

Seems like the internal limit on new store lines then is ~$1200.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

congars!

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.