cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY BK rebuild continues

tag
mhopper321

MY BK rebuild continues

I posted on here before a couple times about the cards i've had through my BK rebuild process stemming back to the discharge in 3/08. Had a bunch of small limit cards but now eliminated all but my oldest one (closed 5 accounts in one day to strenghten my profile, 2 cap one quicksilver cards converted from cash back rewards, platinum, and even a converted Household bank card, closed a paypal and walmart card too). Anyways, bought my house in September and now have these follwing cards and I will show my recon work on limits too

Capital One Quicksilver-$1500 Limit. My first card after BK only reason I keep it. Rarely pull it out of the drawer but it was originally a platinum nothing card

Barclays Rewards- Initial Limit $500, instant recon (thank you myfico posters) 1000, then bumped to 3500 to match my credit union card, then bumped to 5000 when I opened my freedom card because they wouldn't give me 0% like chase did (crafty recon work). I've had this card for 13 months

Chase Freedom-Initial approval $1000 but recon'd to $1500 immediately. 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, opened 1/14

PSCU- $3500 limit. Credit union card I opened a month after my house closed. Asked for 10k and instead they gave me 3500 + a $7500 personal loan for remodel project, opened 10/13

Discover IT- Opened last night after getting offer in mail. Phone APP instant approval $6500 limit. May recon that once I get the card but we will see. 0% balance transfers and Purchases for 14 months

So that's it now. Those are what I have and the BK 7 still showing till 2018. I'm never late and pay in full every month and run thousands a month through pretty much all but the capone card. Scores are all three right at 710 and income just over 115K year, other than mortgage and personal loan $0 other debt. There's my profile and my mix but I gotta say thank you to all the members here because the things I've learned here are invaluable in being succsessful credit hunting and making these card issuers fight for your business. RECON, RECON, RECON. I don't ever do anything online or through anything but backdoor numbers.

Rebuilding from BK7 in January of 08
Multiple auto loans since
Current scores: 711 EQ, 714 TU, 700 EX
Goal Scores: 720+ on all 3
Card Mix:
CapOne Plat-1000
HSBC-700
Credit One-500(CLOSED)
Paypal-300(CLOSED)
WalMart-300(CLOSED)
CapOne Cash Reward-1500
Barclay Rewards-3500
PSCU Plat Rewards-3500
CHASE FREEDOM-5000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: MY BK rebuild continues

@mhopper321 wrote:

I posted on here before a couple times about the cards i've had through my BK rebuild process stemming back to the discharge in 3/08. Had a bunch of small limit cards but now eliminated all but my oldest one (closed 5 accounts in one day to strenghten my profile, 2 cap one quicksilver cards converted from cash back rewards, platinum, and even a converted Household bank card, closed a paypal and walmart card too). Anyways, bought my house in September and now have these follwing cards and I will show my recon work on limits too

Capital One Quicksilver-$1500 Limit. My first card after BK only reason I keep it. Rarely pull it out of the drawer but it was originally a platinum nothing card

Barclays Rewards- Initial Limit $500, instant recon (thank you myfico posters) 1000, then bumped to 3500 to match my credit union card, then bumped to 5000 when I opened my freedom card because they wouldn't give me 0% like chase did (crafty recon work). I've had this card for 13 months

Chase Freedom-Initial approval $1000 but recon'd to $1500 immediately. 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, opened 1/14

PSCU- $3500 limit. Credit union card I opened a month after my house closed. Asked for 10k and instead they gave me 3500 + a $7500 personal loan for remodel project, opened 10/13

Discover IT- Opened last night after getting offer in mail. Phone APP instant approval $6500 limit. May recon that once I get the card but we will see. 0% balance transfers and Purchases for 14 months

So that's it now. Those are what I have and the BK 7 still showing till 2018. I'm never late and pay in full every month and run thousands a month through pretty much all but the capone card. Scores are all three right at 710 and income just over 115K year, other than mortgage and personal loan $0 other debt. There's my profile and my mix but I gotta say thank you to all the members here because the things I've learned here are invaluable in being succsessful credit hunting and making these card issuers fight for your business. RECON, RECON, RECON. I don't ever do anything online or through anything but backdoor numbers.

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MY BK rebuild continues

Grats to all your continued success OP Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.