Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI AGAIN!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI AGAIN!!

@Darksyde25 wrote:
I had the card about a month or 2 before asking for an increase. And then I've asked every month after. Every time I ask I always play the 'nice' card to the chat agent. And every time they always tell me "after my review of your account", which tells me even though they say they have to pull my credit report, they probably use one of their latest soft pull reports. I have yet to see a HP for any increase I've gotten. I should've asked for $10k. But didn't want to get too greedy and I dunno what I'd spend that much on at macys anyway. I carry a balance but nothing crazy and make decent payments. Doin Xmas shopping i had around a $500 balance but then bought a Dyson and some other stuff so it's sitting at about $1750.
@credditaddict I did ask for an upgrade to the amex but I always get denied..assuming because I don't have high enough scores. I do believe on one of my phone calls I was told that amex makes the decision if u get that version or not

The Macy's and Bloomingdales American Express Cards are still issues through retail national bank which is part of Citi I believe and is only run through the American Express Network... American Express Bank has NOTHING to do with the card at all... so that rep was completely talking out their...

Message 11 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's CLI AGAIN!!

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Darksyde25 wrote:
I had the card about a month or 2 before asking for an increase. And then I've asked every month after. Every time I ask I always play the 'nice' card to the chat agent. And every time they always tell me "after my review of your account", which tells me even though they say they have to pull my credit report, they probably use one of their latest soft pull reports. I have yet to see a HP for any increase I've gotten. I should've asked for $10k. But didn't want to get too greedy and I dunno what I'd spend that much on at macys anyway. I carry a balance but nothing crazy and make decent payments. Doin Xmas shopping i had around a $500 balance but then bought a Dyson and some other stuff so it's sitting at about $1750.
@credditaddict I did ask for an upgrade to the amex but I always get denied..assuming because I don't have high enough scores. I do believe on one of my phone calls I was told that amex makes the decision if u get that version or not

The Macy's and Bloomingdales American Express Cards are still issues through retail national bank which is part of Citi I believe and is only run through the American Express Network... American Express Bank has NOTHING to do with the card at all... so that rep was completely talking out their...

Correct.  AMEX Centurion Bank/AMEX FSB, does not make the underwriting decision to issue the Bloomingdale's/Macy's AMEX CCs.  These are issued independently by DSNB/Citi as Creditaddict mentioned above.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.