Super Contributor
enharu

Macy's CLI with SP!

Ok so after reading about the other thread regarding Macy's CLI, I figured I'll give it a shot again.

Made the call, had to interact with the stupid automatic system to waste a few minutes, and finally got to talk to a live person.

She sounded really nice, and I'm guessing I might be in luck for a CLI. 

I asked for a soft pull specifically, but she didn't quite get what I meant. So I just said I don't want a hard inquiry done no matter what, even if it means no CLI.

She noted that it's been almost a year since I put any charges on the card and I told her I was planning to buy a mattress or some furniture soon which is why I needed a CLI.

I was put on hold while she talked to the supervisor, and then she went ahead and asked how much increase I wanted, and all the income related questions.

I asked for 5000, but got counteroffered and said that's the max she can do without an inquiry. So my Macy's increased from 100 to 3500. It's a very nice increase if you compare it to my original limit, but it's low compared to my other CLs. I'm happy though, since I don't use that card. I might just buy something cheap and then leave the card alone again for a year or so.

I tried to ask for a CLI for my bloomingdale's account as well, since they're the same company. However I am not qualified for any since my last CLI was done Jan'13. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Macy's CLI with SP!

enharu wrote:

Ok so after reading about the other thread regarding Macy's CLI, I figured I'll give it a shot again.

Made the call, had to interact with the stupid automatic system to waste a few minutes, and finally got to talk to a live person.

She sounded really nice, and I'm guessing I might be in luck for a CLI. 

I asked for a soft pull specifically, but she didn't quite get what I meant. So I just said I don't want a hard inquiry done no matter what, even if it means no CLI.

She noted that it's been almost a year since I put any charges on the card and I told her I was planning to buy a mattress or some furniture soon which is why I needed a CLI.

I was put on hold while she talked to the supervisor, and then she went ahead and asked how much increase I wanted, and all the income related questions.

I asked for 5000, but got counteroffered and said that's the max she can do without an inquiry. So my Macy's increased from 100 to 3500. It's a very nice increase if you compare it to my original limit, but it's low compared to my other CLs. I'm happy though, since I don't use that card. I might just buy something cheap and then leave the card alone again for a year or so.

I tried to ask for a CLI for my bloomingdale's account as well, since they're the same company. However I am not qualified for any since my last CLI was done Jan'13. 

Congrats

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Established Contributor
CribDuchess

That's an excellent CLI - congratulations!  Go buy your wife/gf something nice in the jewelry department!!  :smileyvery-happy:

FICOs: TU08 841 6/3/14 per Wally; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 810 6/10/14; EX 805 6/12/14 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $15K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom MC $7.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $15.1K; Discover IT $22.5K; Fidelity Amex $15K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $12.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $20K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
09Lexie

That's some increase! I have to say...it's about time! I was tired of seeing that $100 CL! Lol!

Congrats!
Valued Contributor
Epcot

Very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Valued Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

Success!!!

Closing all of these credit card accounts once paid off for a fresh start.
$600$800$1,000$500(AU) $2,500
EQ FICO---, EX FICO---, TU FICO---, AAOA 6 months, Utilization 74%, No delinquencies of any sort.
Inquiries on EQ: 19, Inquires on EX: 30, Inquiries on TU: 21, Gardening Since 06-25-14
New Visitor
power123

I had the same thing from them.They wouldnt pass 3500 without hp

Great increase enharu:smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
Ron1

Congrats!!!! :smileyhappy: You should go for Macy's Amex.

Ron.

Contributor
PSouz

Congrats

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
New Visitor
power123

Macys Amex

Annual spend min 1k

6 months of account history

No guarateed approval

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+