Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's love. 5k! furniture line SP

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's love. 5k! furniture line SP

I wonder why she said it would report as the same account.  Smiley Sad

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 21 of 25
dap1984va
New Contributor

This just clarify the "accounts" somewhat:
Katherine B:  David, it shows that your Macy's card has a revolving account (interest bearing account) where most of your merchandise are being charged. It has a $2300 credit limit. A separate club account for jewelry purchases (non interest bearing transactions) is set up with a credit limit of $2900. You also have a special events account for qualified furniture purchases (non interest bearing transaction) with a $4600 credit limit.
Katherine B:  If you wish to purchase a jewelry or furniture and have the transaction applied on the non interest bearing accounts, you would need to partner with the sales associate.
David:  so basically they are three (3) separate accounts, or one (1) account that is charged separate depending on the purchase?
Katherine B:  You have one Macy's card with 3 types of accounts on it. The purchases are charged to your Macy's card depending on the type of merchandise you are purchasing and if it is interest bearing or not.

This is still a "soft pull" on the credit report, So not everyone is going to get 2k, 3k, and above. Just because it is a "store card" its just like a "soft pull" from Discover. or anywhere else.. the credit profile plays a part, not just you bought some ralph lauren boxer briefs for christmas.

Message 22 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dap1984va wrote:
Katherine B:  David, it shows that your Macy's card has a revolving account (interest bearing account) where most of your merchandise are being charged. It has a $2300 credit limit. A separate club account for jewelry purchases (non interest bearing transactions) is set up with a credit limit of $2900. You also have a special events account for qualified furniture purchases (non interest bearing transaction) with a $4600 credit limit.
Katherine B:  If you wish to purchase a jewelry or furniture and have the transaction applied on the non interest bearing accounts, you would need to partner with the sales associate.
David:  so basically they are three (3) separate accounts, or one (1) account that is charged separate depending on the purchase?
Katherine B:  You have one Macy's card with 3 types of accounts on it. The purchases are charged to your Macy's card depending on the type of merchandise you are purchasing and if it is interest bearing or not.

This is still a "soft pull" on the credit report, So not everyone is going to get 2k, 3k, and above. Just because it is a "store card" its just like a "soft pull" from Discover. or anywhere else.. the credit profile plays a part, not just you bought some ralph lauren boxer briefs for christmas.

Because many reps don't understand credit reporting!

Message 23 of 25
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Well 2800 --> 5300 is ok with me.  Is there an urgency to use it to keep it open or can i wait a month or so?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 24 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@dap1984va wrote:

Because many reps don't understand credit reporting!

+1

The club (Jewlery/Furniture) accounts are coded as a MPAs, which are separate extensions (under the deferred plan promotion) of your current revolving store line.  But it will report separately.  I've had mine report at different intervals whenever I've had to access the MPA (rarely).

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.