gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Many App Approvals!!!!! :)

Grats to all your approvals Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 20
tvandine
Contributor

@ Creddit Addict, i am seriously going to consider it, but honesly i opted for credit one first, and it was 3-4 days ago, and i only had the First Premier to start my credit, now it seems.... What people try to build for 6 months- 1 year. I just did in 4 months with a score like that... And reports like that.... I don't know how.. Or why my score jumped over 140 Points for a ding!

I will definitely keep everyone updated on the credit situation!!!

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 12 of 20
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

I also think as u hav these many cards, u shud immediately close the first premier.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 13 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@tvandine wrote:

Alright, some of you guys may find this a little weird, as do i! I am new to credit and have really low scores! These scores were as of last week when i pulled all of my scores and they were accurate with the same score i had on my electric bill!

Here is where it gets fun, i have a First Premier card, it reported to all three with a $269 balance of $400 credit limit, they reported in the middle of the month, i pay off all cards monthly. So, it reported that to my credit, and all of my scores magically BUMP, and they BUMPED HARD! Mind you that FP isn't the only card i have on the report. I have two capital ones, Fingerhut, and a US bank all reporting too.

Pervious:

EX: 524
TU:525

EP:518

New:

EX:678

TU:676

EP:660

Now, please tell me how these would jump in this way, with a negative ding on the report! Mind blown right?

New Cards: Mind you i have less than 4 months of credit!

•  Firestone- $900
  • JC penny- $100
  • Walmart- $150
  • GAP- $200
  • Bannana Republic-$400
  • Dillards- $300
  • Lord and Taylor- $300
  • Chevron- $300
  • TJX Rewards- $250
  • Kemba Credit Union- $500
  • Credit One- $300
  • PREVIOUS CARDS:
  • Capital one Quicksilver One- $500
  • Capital One Journey's- $500
  • US BANK College Student- $600
  • Fingerhut- $400
  • First Premier $400

You could imagine my excitment, especially the credit score jump, now i know it will lower because of the new accounts, but i don't need any further credit in the near future and will most likely freeze my reports to stop the temtation of applying!

Thanks!!!!!! BTW i learned it all from you guys and will continue too!!!! Read all new posts everynight before bed!

Congratulations on your approvals! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Not to be Debbie downer here but I think that what the OP did was kinda stupid cause all your gonna do is tank your score for a while.  Not to mention that you got a bunch of worthless cards.  I would try to stick with big banks cards and rebuild with low limits until you grow your score and possibly get increases on those cards, setting you up for bigger and better cards with better banks, rewards , and better credit limits. You just tanked yourself for awhile. Sorry for the tough post but just my opinion.

Message 15 of 20
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the JC Penny card! I hear its one of the hardest cards to obtain.  Congrats on all of those prestigous store cards with high credit limits!

Jk ignore me I am very immature in real life and I hope I dont get banned because I love these forums.

Message 16 of 20
One7
Valued Contributor

@tvandine wrote:

Alright, some of you guys may find this a little weird, as do i! I am new to credit and have really low scores! These scores were as of last week when i pulled all of my scores and they were accurate with the same score i had on my electric bill!

Here is where it gets fun, i have a First Premier card, it reported to all three with a $269 balance of $400 credit limit, they reported in the middle of the month, i pay off all cards monthly. So, it reported that to my credit, and all of my scores magically BUMP, and they BUMPED HARD! Mind you that FP isn't the only card i have on the report. I have two capital ones, Fingerhut, and a US bank all reporting too.

Pervious:

EX: 524
TU:525

EP:518

New:

EX:678

TU:676

EP:660

Now, please tell me how these would jump in this way, with a negative ding on the report! Mind blown right?

New Cards: Mind you i have less than 4 months of credit!

•  Firestone- $900
  • JC penny- $100
  • Walmart- $150
  • GAP- $200
  • Bannana Republic-$400
  • Dillards- $300
  • Lord and Taylor- $300
  • Chevron- $300
  • TJX Rewards- $250
  • Kemba Credit Union- $500
  • Credit One- $300
  • PREVIOUS CARDS:
  • Capital one Quicksilver One- $500
  • Capital One Journey's- $500
  • US BANK College Student- $600
  • Fingerhut- $400
  • First Premier $400

You could imagine my excitment, especially the credit score jump, now i know it will lower because of the new accounts, but i don't need any further credit in the near future and will most likely freeze my reports to stop the temtation of applying!

Thanks!!!!!! BTW i learned it all from you guys and will continue too!!!! Read all new posts everynight before bed!

Congratulations on all your success! This is the exact route I took whenever I started to rebuild my credit back in February of last year. My scores were in mid 500s and now they are low to mid 700s. I also had a Credit One account for one year and cut it right before the next AF hit and it did wonders for my scores. At one point I had 6 store cards, fingerhut and two bank cards and look at me now!! My scores went over 700 right around the one year mark (keep in mind I didn't have a single credit card until February 1st 2013). Next year I'll probably cut my comenity cards, my fingerhut account and my Cap 1 secured card leaving me with the cards I have now but with higher limits and better scores. I think you are doing great and keep up with your success.  Don't let others put you down and keep to your plan. Good job and congratulations again. It's worked for me

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow now that is an app spree! Congrats! A little time in the garden, as others here have suggested, should do even more wonders for your score.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

8+ GECRB cards

+1 to Hubcapjw

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.