Did you mean: 

Merrill+ App Status Pending

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Merrill+ App Status Pending

@B335is wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

OMG don't get me started w/ this card...I've been eyeing on this card like there's no tomorrow.....that is one good looking card!  However, i didn't find the 25k offer after $2.5k spend on the website..

I had no idea about it either!  I saw the $75 Fidelity Amex offer but 25,000 points makes me want it more now.  She said they no longer offer the Total Merrill card to new applicants.

Awwww bummer.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 11 of 42
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

hey B335, so when you apply over the phone, the CSR cannot transfer you to an analyst? or is it an automated phone application? Maybe tomorrw some of our current Merrill cardholders can give you a number you can call expedite the decision.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 42
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

OMG don't get me started w/ this card...I've been eyeing on this card like there's no tomorrow.....that is one good looking card!  However, i didn't find the 25k offer after $2.5k spend on the website..

i know yude! i almost apped for this card also but told myself can only afford one HP on EX and the only reason i chose the US Airways is for the signup bonus that will go well when i tranfer them to my AA account balance. will have over 125k miles earned.

Message 13 of 42
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

i know yude! i almost apped for this card also but told myself can only afford one HP on EX and the only reason i chose the US Airways is for the signup bonus that will go well when i tranfer them to my AA account balance. will have over 125k miles earned.

You did the smart thing by getting that USAir card, can't give up on that awesome signup bonus!  I'm sooo tempted to give Merrill a call tomorrow and see if the signup bonus offer still exists.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 14 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

hey B335, so when you apply over the phone, the CSR cannot transfer you to an analyst? or is it an automated phone application? Maybe tomorrw some of our current Merrill cardholders can give you a number you can call expedite the decision.

I dialed 855-285-5110 and advised I wanted to apply.  It was live rep, very friendly.  Went over the points, how the points can be used (you can transfer to airlines like American, Delta, United, etc...), no FTF, no AF and then said if I spend $2500 in first 90 days I am rewarded with 25,000 points.

After authorizing the application she said they will mail a letter in 30 days.  I asked if that's normal and she said well it isn't denied like it has been with others lol.  I checked app status and it still says pending.  I'll call tomorrow afternoon Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 42
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

You did the smart thing by getting that USAir card, can't give up on that awesome signup bonus!  I'm sooo tempted to give Merrill a call tomorrow and see if the signup bonus offer still exists.

well i know if they told me its still on i would probably just give in and take a shot at the card. I already have 45K of credit with Bofa so will wait a little longer when it will not bother me to move credit from my bofa accounts to the new Merrill if it came down to that.

Message 16 of 42
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

I dialed 855-285-5110 and advised I wanted to apply.  It was live rep, very friendly.  Went over the points, how the points can be used (you can transfer to airlines like American, Delta, United, etc...), no FTF, no AF and then said if I spend $2500 in first 90 days I am rewarded with 25,000 points.

After authorizing the application she said they will mail a letter in 30 days.  I asked if that's normal and she said well it isn't denied like it has been with others lol.  I checked app status and it still says pending.  I'll call tomorrow afternoon Smiley Happy

Best of luck 335, keep us updated!  I sooo want to call them tomorrow, but my newly opened 2 Barclay cards are holding me back for some reason.....need to think about this in my sleep tonight. ...EX pull right?

::edited for typo::

Message 17 of 42
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

how many cards do you have with Bofa already and how much credit with them?

Message 18 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@yudeology101 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Best of luck 335, keep us updated!  I sooo want to call them tomorrow, but my newly opened 2 Barclay cards are holding me back for some reason.....need to think about this in my sleep tonight. ...EX pull right?

::edited for typo::

I'm almost at 6 months with Barclay Arrival and have been thinking about either Sallie Mae or US Airways because I need more AAdvantage miles before they nerf Oneworld partner tickets!  I'm not sure who they pulled yet but they usually like my EX (along with everyone else).

Message 19 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

how many cards do you have with Bofa already and how much credit with them?

I have 2 cards and $15k total BoA exposure:

1)  Cashrewards opened 1/2013 ($10k limit / $3.2k balance)

2)  Alaska Airlines opened 10/2013 ($5k limit / $0 balance)

I'm taking advantage of a 0% offer on the Cashrewards which may be a concern.  I also have Amex Surpass with a posted balance of $1.3k on $2k limit - the payment didn't post in time Smiley Sad  My total util is 4%

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.