Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My App Spree - Did I win?

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: My App Spree - Did I win?

Whowzha, Go, Go, Gadget Credit.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 21 of 37
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 22 of 37
nj23
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Smiley Happy

Now I'll have to make a calendar of when to (SP) CLI and PC my QS1 to QS.

And of course, having to create five new online log-ins...dreadful.  I hate making online accounts.  This will bring me up to like 30 different log in accounts.  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 23 of 37
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Nice haul!  Discover is a little disappointing, especially with how long you gardened, but the others more than make up for it.  Yes, CSP is Signature by default and looks like your Freedom will be as well.  Barclays I would guess WMC.

Congrats on the new approvals. Maybe (hopefully) the Freedom will be a Signature. When mine was originally approved with a 8k limit it was NOT a signature. You never can tell with Chase.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 24 of 37
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: That is so exciting - great cards!!! Now the fun begins...

@nj23 wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

That is so exciting - great cards!!!  Now the fun begins waiting for them to start arriving in the mail and planning your spending strategy with all of the new cashback options you have.  Smiley Happy

Yes thanks...I'll have to work out spending 4k+ in three months to get the full BCP and CSP sign up bonuses.  I spend that normally in three months...if I'm counting rent - but may need to do a bit of manufactured spend.  Looks like they don't consider gift card purchases toward the sign up bonuses spending count, though. Smiley Sad

If you use the BCPat the grocer to buy gift cards (for gas, and other things you may need) you will get the 6% cash back, and they usually can't tell you bought gift cards, as long as the purchase doesn't look "fishy" (i.e. even dollar amounts for $500 each. The grocery stores around here sell gift cards for everything. You can also buy a large variety of gift cards at Lowe's or Home Depot.

I ususally meet my spend this way, if I think I am close to not meeting it. That way, I won't overspend. I ALWAYS need to buy gas, LOL

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 25 of 37
nj23
Regular Contributor

Re: That is so exciting - great cards!!! Now the fun begins...

@emptypockets wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

That is so exciting - great cards!!!  Now the fun begins waiting for them to start arriving in the mail and planning your spending strategy with all of the new cashback options you have.  Smiley Happy

Yes thanks...I'll have to work out spending 4k+ in three months to get the full BCP and CSP sign up bonuses.  I spend that normally in three months...if I'm counting rent - but may need to do a bit of manufactured spend.  Looks like they don't consider gift card purchases toward the sign up bonuses spending count, though. Smiley Sad

If you use the BCPat the grocer to buy gift cards (for gas, and other things you may need) you will get the 6% cash back, and they usually can't tell you bought gift cards, as long as the purchase doesn't look "fishy" (i.e. even dollar amounts for $500 each. The grocery stores around here sell gift cards for everything. You can also buy a large variety of gift cards at Lowe's or Home Depot.

I ususally meet my spend this way, if I think I am close to not meeting it. That way, I won't overspend. I ALWAYS need to buy gas, LOL

Hmm...maybe I'll try that.  I'm not worried about making the bonus on my BCP so much as I am the CSP.  CSP is 3k in 3 months.  I should be able to make it, I can put all my recurring stuff on it (including a $$ personal trainer) and my upcoming travel (everything) so I should be OK.  In total, I have to spend $4,500 between CSP, BCP, and Freedom to grab all the bonuses.  The Sallie just requries that I use it in the first 90 days for the 2,500 points so that one is easy Smiley Very Happy

I have wondered if I can use my Cap One check card to pay my new CC bills...my Cap One check card has 1% rewards, so in some cases I'd be like triple dipping.  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 26 of 37
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

WIN! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 37
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 28 of 37
Involver
Valued Contributor

That's how it's done.

Message 29 of 37
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@nj23 wrote:

Hello

I'm going to remove my diamond from my signature, but here are my apps, in app order, and their approvals.  I guess I won.  

American Express Blue Cash Preferred (BCP):
Approved.  Starting CL: $4,000

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP):
Approved.  Starting CL: $10,400 (Should I assume this will be a Signature?)

Discover IT:
Approved.  Starting CL: $2,500 (meh...I didn't mean to app for this 3rd, but oh well)

Chase Freedom:
Approved.  Starting CL: $8,000 (Again, Signature?  Got the $200 bonus too Smiley Very Happy)

Barclay Sallie Mae:
Approved.  Starting CL: $7,100 (World MC or WEMC?)

I guess this can be considered credit rebound Smiley Very Happy  And I guess Chase likes me.  

I had to call AMEX and Discover to find out the starting CLs.  Weird.  Anyway the AMEX rep enthusiastically mentioned how my starting CL is just a starting CL and I can call in 60 days to get it increased.

Thanks for everyone's help along the way. Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a win to me! Congrats!

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.