Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Discover IT just arrived...

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...

@Pilotdude wrote:

It's the 5% bonus category thingamajiggydohickey(<<<technical term)

We sign up online like the other Discover cards do/did. Smiley Happy

Ah, ok - thanks.  Did that already.  Thought  I was missing out on a points bonus.

Message 11 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

MUHAHAHA  The paperwork they sent with it, lists my FICO score from Equifax as 779!!!  Thats right!! Smiley Surprised

nice! grats!!!!

they're hinting you to go on an app spree with lenders that pull EQ! haha jkjk

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Discover's CSR's are like them lonely old ladys at home.................cant wait to talk your ear off when that phone rings!!!Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Discover's CSR's are like them lonely old ladys at home.................cant wait to talk your ear off when that phone rings!!!Smiley Very Happy

oh my god i thought i got a chatty/witty lady the first time i called. so all of them are like that? Smiley Very Happy

Chase's CSP reps are also very different from their 'normal' reps. They're a lot more chatty O_O

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 32
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

MUHAHAHA  The paperwork they sent with it, lists my FICO score from Equifax as 779!!!  Thats right!! Smiley Surprised

nice! grats!!!!

they're hinting you to go on an app spree with lenders that pull EQ! haha jkjk

Excellent score!  Interesting - they pulled TU for me.

Message 15 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

I just got notification from equifax that they pulled EQ for me. Nothing from creditkarma or Experian's side, so I'm guessing that's the only thing they pulled for me.

I am in Los Angeles, California.

Message 16 of 32
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I just got notification from equifax that they pulled EQ for me. Nothing from creditkarma or Experian's side, so I'm guessing that's the only thing they pulled for me.

I'm in New Jersey.  Guess CRA varies by region.

Message 17 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@enharu wrote:

yea for some reason most of the lenders like to pull EX in socal area.

I went through my CR over the years and Discover is the ONLY inquiry I have gotten on my EQ for the past 5 years. My TU is still pristine to my knowledge.

My EX report on the other hand is too sad to watch.

I ought to move to some place where they pull only EQ/TU for the summer, go on an app spree, then move back home.

Message 18 of 32
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@enharu wrote:

yea for some reason most of the lenders like to pull EX in socal area.

I went through my CR over the years and Discover is the ONLY inquiry I have gotten on my EQ for the past 5 years. My TU is still pristine to my knowledge.

My EX report on the other hand is too sad to watch.

I ought to move to some place where they pull only EQ/TU for the summer, go on an app spree, then move back home.

LMAO

Message 19 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

The thrill and excitement of receiving a new card never gets old, at least not for me.  I always rush out immediately to buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

Congrats on your new card!

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.