Reply
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined
Posts: 6,288
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...


Pilotdude wrote:

It's the 5% bonus category thingamajiggydohickey(<<<technical term)

We sign up online like the other Discover cards do/did. :smileyhappy:


Ah, ok - thanks.  Did that already.  Thought  I was missing out on a points bonus.

Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...

[ Edited ]

Pilotdude wrote:

MUHAHAHA  The paperwork they sent with it, lists my FICO score from Equifax as 779!!!  Thats right!! :smileysurprised:


nice! grats!!!!

 

they're hinting you to go on an app spree with lenders that pull EQ! haha jkjk

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...

Discover's CSR's are like them lonely old ladys at home.................cant wait to talk your ear off when that phone rings!!!:smileyvery-happy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...


LS2982 wrote:

Discover's CSR's are like them lonely old ladys at home.................cant wait to talk your ear off when that phone rings!!!:smileyvery-happy:


oh my god i thought i got a chatty/witty lady the first time i called. so all of them are like that? :smileyvery-happy:

 

Chase's CSP reps are also very different from their 'normal' reps. They're a lot more chatty O_O

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined
Posts: 6,288
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...


enharu wrote:

Pilotdude wrote:

MUHAHAHA  The paperwork they sent with it, lists my FICO score from Equifax as 779!!!  Thats right!! :smileysurprised:


nice! grats!!!!

 

they're hinting you to go on an app spree with lenders that pull EQ! haha jkjk


Excellent score!  Interesting - they pulled TU for me.

Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...

I just got notification from equifax that they pulled EQ for me. Nothing from creditkarma or Experian's side, so I'm guessing that's the only thing they pulled for me.

I am in Los Angeles, California.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined
Posts: 6,288
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...


enharu wrote:

I just got notification from equifax that they pulled EQ for me. Nothing from creditkarma or Experian's side, so I'm guessing that's the only thing they pulled for me.

I am in Los Angeles, California.

 


I'm in New Jersey.  Guess CRA varies by region.

Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...


FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

enharu wrote:

I just got notification from equifax that they pulled EQ for me. Nothing from creditkarma or Experian's side, so I'm guessing that's the only thing they pulled for me.

I am in Los Angeles, California.

 


I'm in New Jersey.  Guess CRA varies by region.


yea for some reason most of the lenders like to pull EX in socal area.

I went through my CR over the years and Discover is the ONLY inquiry I have gotten on my EQ for the past 5 years. My TU is still pristine to my knowledge.

My EX report on the other hand is too sad to watch.

 

I ought to move to some place where they pull only EQ/TU for the summer, go on an app spree, then move back home.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined
Posts: 6,288
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...


enharu wrote:

FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

enharu wrote:

I just got notification from equifax that they pulled EQ for me. Nothing from creditkarma or Experian's side, so I'm guessing that's the only thing they pulled for me.

I am in Los Angeles, California.

 


I'm in New Jersey.  Guess CRA varies by region.


yea for some reason most of the lenders like to pull EX in socal area.

I went through my CR over the years and Discover is the ONLY inquiry I have gotten on my EQ for the past 5 years. My TU is still pristine to my knowledge.

My EX report on the other hand is too sad to watch.

 

I ought to move to some place where they pull only EQ/TU for the summer, go on an app spree, then move back home.

 


LMAO

Senior Contributor
Open123
Posts: 4,153
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: My Discover IT just arrived...

The thrill and excitement of receiving a new card never gets old, at least not for me.  I always rush out immediately to buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

 

Congrats on your new card!


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+