Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Discover It Approval process

tag
m3rge
Regular Contributor

My Discover It Approval process

Hello everyone:

Today I applied for the Discover It. As soon as I filled the form I got declined without a specific reason. For a moment I was thinking I didn't meet the requirements but something in my mind told me was not the requirements. I called the recon number posted on this forums and I talked with a nice lady. I said  that I filled out the form but I was denied without any specific information and I would like to know the reason. She started to make me a couple of questions including my address and here is the thing: I live in Puerto Rico and the physical street address are not the same when you write them as in the USA. So I had to give her my PO BOX and then she manually reviewed the application. She put me on hold for a few minutes and then she said: "Welcome you are now part of the Discover Family". Wow, I was so exited, this is my first prime card.

I asked if the reason of denial was for my credit profile and she said it was the physical address which automatically denied my application since it has to be entered with the PO BOX instead, weird but worked.

To conclude, the card was approved with a CL of 5100 ($100 higher than my Walmart Store Card) and I got the 0% intro APR for 14 months.

I can't wait to receive my card!!!!!!!!!

Thank you FICO for guiding me on this process!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: My Discover It Approval process

Congrats!
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:
Congrats!

Congrats 

This is a prime reason why you always recon the smallest of things can cause a denial but a call can reverse it. You never know until you call

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
m3rge
Regular Contributor

One last thing, I got approved yesterday but Monday is memorial day, anyone knows the approximate time to receive my card?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.