Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First App Spree - Successful

tag
Naro
Established Member

My First App Spree - Successful

Ok a few days ago I applied for chase slate card they gave me a really low limit - $500. So i decided to go an app spree (my choices have no logic) - cleaned for two years.

Old cards 

- Citi forward - 1600 

- discover - 1500

- Barclay apple card - 2000

-cap one - 750 - First card, thanks capital one

-Chase Amazon - 500 - need to ask for cli.

New Cards

-Target - 200 lol

-old Navy -400

-Amex Bce - 1000 Surprised <- Goal Card Yay !

-Chase slate - 500

Pending BoA 1 2 3 reward - 30 day notice

Yea I am aware two cards are store cards - but I decided to get them because i go there a lot. I think I am done getting cards, the only one I want now is chase saphire but I can wait a few years for that one - still in college. So going to garden all my cards and ask for cli every 6 months.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: My First App Spree - Successful

Congratulations on your successful spree! I'll see you in the Garden!
Message 2 of 12
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals. Did you try to recon any of the new limits? I find it curious all of your new limits are much lower than your existing ones.
Message 3 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Nice!!

Message 4 of 12
riffdex
Valued Member

Sorry if this is a newb question but if you apply for a bunch of cards at once would the companies know this or would they not see those applications if done fast enough? I never thought about doing multiple applications but I suppose it makes sense. Would all those inquiries fall off your CR at the same time as if you had done one inquiry or would it take longer? Any downside to this strategy?
AMEX BCE $7,100 eBay MasterCard $5,000 SallieMae MasterCard $1,100 Emigrant Direct $4,500 Wells Fargo Platinum $1,500
Belk Rewards $1,700 Amazon Rewards $3,000 WalMart Discover $1,200 Barclay's Rewards $1,000 Discover More $2,800

What's in your wallet? : D
Message 5 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

The inqs appear instantly and yes which is why his BoA app is pending (most likely)

The key to sprees is apping for the card you want the most first. This has downsides as incurring a lot of inqs at once but also allowing the accounts to age together so AAoA is not all over the map

Message 6 of 12
riffdex
Valued Member

I never thought about doing a spree. I applied for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday on June 22 (got instant accepted), and I was planning on "gardening" for awhile till I get a good offer. Would it be too late to do a few more apps now so I can increase overall utilization and maybe benefit AAoA down the road?

This would especially help my overall credit limit, most likely. My new AMEX card has a CL of $7100, while my 3 older cards insist on keeping me below or near $2000 (yes I have asked for increase). Maybe my best bet is to just apply for some new ones and hopefully get high limits?
AMEX BCE $7,100 eBay MasterCard $5,000 SallieMae MasterCard $1,100 Emigrant Direct $4,500 Wells Fargo Platinum $1,500
Belk Rewards $1,700 Amazon Rewards $3,000 WalMart Discover $1,200 Barclay's Rewards $1,000 Discover More $2,800

What's in your wallet? : D
Message 7 of 12
Naro
Established Member

my guess is that my utilization is affecting my overall credit amount. - should be hovering around 40-55 % . I started paying it off already (2 days ago, got it down to 20-25% ) but it still hasn't updated. Hopefully when I ask for a credit limit increases I'll get a few big ones for them - I only asked for one, which is citi - started at 800 now 1600

Message 8 of 12
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@riffdex

Inq's/accts are grouped by the month in which they occur. There is nothing wrong with apping now for other cc's if you need them. Your file wold dictate if its best for you to continue apping or to garden.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.