cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the Discover "luv button".

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: My experience with the Discover "luv button".

@MT936 wrote:
So there is a chance that a discover cli request will be SP? If so I might try the luv button out on my discover it

Yes you can request a CLI and if they can't do it by SP they will ask you if you want to take the HP , then you can cancel the request

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 11 of 21
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

I received a CLI from discover about 3 months ago.

The luv button shows up for me again, does that mean I can request another one?
Message 12 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the successful SP CLI op Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats on any CLI from them! They won't budge from a CLI initiated by me!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 14 of 21
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

@randeman wrote:

Am I the only one that considers that term a little pervy? Man LOL

Last week, I paid a little visit to the Discover site and (finally) had the button appear for a CLI.  I haven't had an increase in a coon's age--that's southern for 'a long time' to you Yankees--and decided to see what happened.  Now, oddly, I have a $5750 trade line with them.  I say 'oddly' because it's the only limit I have not rounded to the next hundred.  It asks you to enter the amount that you want and I decided to go for an even 10K line.  The reply was, essentially, if you want it, it will cost you a hard pull.  Well, I knew I wanted to apply for the CSP soon, so I chickened out since I had recently been "chastised" for having too many hard pulls lately. 

Flash forward to this weekend, and I read either on myfico or another site that people who ask for small increases from Discover were more likely to get them with a soft pull only.  I decided to test the assertion.  I requested $2250 to round up that goofy limit.  It came back with an offer of $2000 more, take it or go with a hard pull.  I took it.  I don't know if that validates what I read, but YMMV.

I found it interesting that it wouldn't give me the extra pawltry $250, and that the first request didn't even result in a counter offer.  It was a hard pull or stay where you are.  I guess I will stay with $7750 for now.

Pervy? Lol. Congrats on the CLI. My button never works Smiley Embarassed

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 16 of 21
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your CLI from Discover!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 17 of 21
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 18 of 21
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

I have found calling is better way to get CLI, I still can't get site to work.still says ones in progress,

I had that same experience the first time I tried it.  The Discover CSR said it takes a little time to reset.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 19 of 21
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

I have found calling is better way to get CLI, I still can't get site to work.still says ones in progress,

Seems like I always get better results asking online vs by phone.  At least with my experience with other companies.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.