Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recent prosper experience

tag
jeffg330
Regular Contributor

My recent prosper experience

I'm not sure where to post this so maybe it will get moved....  I haven't seen many recent posts about prosper.com so I thought I'd share my recent experience for anyone who  might be thinking about using them.

After unexpected emergency family medical expenses popped up last month I found myself with maxed out credit cards all around 20% interest. I've been bombarded with pre approval letters from both prosper and lending club and decided to try prosper. I created an account 4/16 and filled out an app (soft pull) and was instantly approved for 6k at 11.99%. They also offered me as much as 12k or anything else in between with options to pay over 36 or 60 months (higher intrest for the 60 months of course) I believe I fell in their 2nd best proprietary rating with an "A" rating ( I think the best is AA). I was told that my loan had two weeks to be funded and would only receive a hard pull if I accepted the loan terms and the pull would be through experian only. 

Six hours later the same day my loan was funded, and the only paperwork in needed to send in was a copy of my bank statement to prove it was my account. The terms of the loan is for 6k minus a $240 fee with payments of $199 for 36 months. I can make extra payments if I want to. They accepted my bank statement that I emailed in the next day 4/17 and told me the funds would be in my account within 2-4 business days. Today 4/21 the funds are in my account and I have nothing but good things to say about prosper. They made it simple and hassle free.

I hope this helps anyone thinking about peer to peer lending. It makes me feel good to pay the intrest to a regular person and not some big bank. Feel free to ask me any questions if I've left something out

Starting Score: EQ 609 EX 570 TU 656 March 2012 CH 7 BK 12/08
Current Score: EQ 691 EX 694 TU 713
Goal Score: all 3 700's.
Quicksilver $5000 Discover IT $1500 Barclays NFL $1250 Walmart $1500 CL Applied Bank $300 (secured)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

In the Garden till 12/14
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: My recent prosper experience

Nice to hear they were able to help you out.  

Neither Prosper nor LT want anything to do with me because of new accounts, even with 760+ scores.  LT did finally offer me a loan but only for $1000 at 24.99% which is absolutely ludicrous considering a 10 year credit history never missing a payment.  

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats OP Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@jeffg330 wrote:

I'm not sure where to post this so maybe it will get moved....  I haven't seen many recent posts about prosper.com so I thought I'd share my recent experience for anyone who  might be thinking about using them.

After unexpected emergency family medical expenses popped up last month I found myself with maxed out credit cards all around 20% interest. I've been bombarded with pre approval letters from both prosper and lending club and decided to try prosper. I created an account 4/16 and filled out an app (soft pull) and was instantly approved for 6k at 11.99%. They also offered me as much as 12k or anything else in between with options to pay over 36 or 60 months (higher intrest for the 60 months of course) I believe I fell in their 2nd best proprietary rating with an "A" rating ( I think the best is AA). I was told that my loan had two weeks to be funded and would only receive a hard pull if I accepted the loan terms and the pull would be through experian only. 

Six hours later the same day my loan was funded, and the only paperwork in needed to send in was a copy of my bank statement to prove it was my account. The terms of the loan is for 6k minus a $240 fee with payments of $199 for 36 months. I can make extra payments if I want to. They accepted my bank statement that I emailed in the next day 4/17 and told me the funds would be in my account within 2-4 business days. Today 4/21 the funds are in my account and I have nothing but good things to say about prosper. They made it simple and hassle free.

I hope this helps anyone thinking about peer to peer lending. It makes me feel good to pay the intrest to a regular person and not some big bank. Feel free to ask me any questions if I've left something out

Congrats Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 13
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

Nice to hear they were able to help you out.  

Neither Prosper nor LT want anything to do with me because of new accounts, even with 760+ scores.  LT did finally offer me a loan but only for $1000 at 24.99% which is absolutely ludicrous considering a 10 year credit history never missing a payment.  

Yep, I said they same thing. They said good rate 20.99%, I don't think so. Higher then my CC.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 7 of 13
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

What credit bureau do they use?

Message 8 of 13
jeffg330
Regular Contributor

I can't confirm yet but told EX

Starting Score: EQ 609 EX 570 TU 656 March 2012 CH 7 BK 12/08
Current Score: EQ 691 EX 694 TU 713
Goal Score: all 3 700's.
Quicksilver $5000 Discover IT $1500 Barclays NFL $1250 Walmart $1500 CL Applied Bank $300 (secured)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

In the Garden till 12/14
Message 9 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG, congratulations!! Woot woot~

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.