Did you mean: 

MyPoints Visa

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: MyPoints Visa

@wacdenney wrote:

@Sooners2013 wrote:

If you dont mind sharing with us, what are your credit scores?  What about your utilization?  Do you know if it was a soft or hard pull? 

The only FICO score I know for sure is TU at 681.  I got that info on a denial letter on the uPromise earlier this week from Barclay.  My Utilization on revolvers show 20% on my Equifax Complete Advantage plan.  It's actually slightly lower, but my Sportsman's Guide card and a Cap 1 CLI have yet to report.  I do not show any inquiries from Comenity on EQ for today, but there is a SP from them on there that is less than 30 days old, so maybe they used that?

I have not got any alerts from CreditKarma (TU) or ProtectMyID (EX) about a any new inquiries either.

Actually I just noticed an HP from Comenity on 01/24/14 from when I applied for the Total Rewards Visa.  I think it's likely they used that HP.  Maybe?

Message 11 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Most of Comenity pre approval Visa cards will result in a HP, yes there's exceptions, but expect one.

Mypoints hasn't been anywhere close to as generous with CLI as my other Comenity Visas. I think they will reconsider, but you have to do it in writing.
Message 12 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sorry again... was thinking total rewards not mypoints... I thought mypoints was sp only.

now when did you get the pop up... when you first logged into my points or after clicking to go somewhere?

Message 13 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Back when I got mine I had created a profile and a few weeks later noticed a SP on my EQ from Comenity/Mypoints. I logged in and got the pop up but it didn't give me the limit beforehand.
Message 14 of 18
fedxboy
Established Contributor

When I got the MyPoints Visa in July 2013 -- it was from a pre approved pop-up too and no HP.  I've been at $2k for 7 months.  I'm wondering when these evaluations take placeSmiley Sad

On the flyer, which held the card says:

Enjoy these great benefits

• Regular credit limit incease evaluations** and no annual fee                                          
  • 1 extra Point per dollar when you use the card to make purchases through MyPoints.com
  • 2 Points per dollar at all gas stations and grocery stores
  • 1 Point per dollar everywhere else Visa is accepted -- online or offline

**Account must be in good standing to qualify

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 15 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

sorry again... was thinking total rewards not mypoints... I thought mypoints was sp only.

now when did you get the pop up... when you first logged into my points or after clicking to go somewhere?

I had logged into the site after replying to another post about the shopping cart trick.  I did not get a "popup" at any point. 

Out of boredom while I was on the site I decided to complete my profile.  It asks tons of questions you can tell are geared towards marketing.  One of the questions was about how I preferred to earn points and I chose "shopping offline".  Well after completing my profile I went back and checked under the "Easy Points" tab because I had read here on the forums that this was where to look.  Listed at the bottom of the links under that tab was a new one for "MyPoints Rewards Visa".  When I clicked that link is when went to a page where I could see the Pre-Approval.

I could NOT see the credit limit before accepting or I would not have accepted.  I guess since the card has no AF, it's not going to hurt anything carrying it.  Hopefully that limit will eventually grow.

Message 16 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Have you hit the button online?!
Message 17 of 18
ACL42st
Established Member

For the shopping card trick for My Points Visa where does it occur at? What do you actually have to do to attempt to see if it will pop up. I would appreciate the info, Thanks.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.