Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BofA Better Balance Rewards CC

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: NEW BofA Better Balance Rewards CC

why not call the number on the back of your card? I did all my previous pc by calling this number and will do it again as soon as my last points are transferred. pc from cash rewards to travel rewards would have voided my present rewards so I decided to finish the next 25$ first. I would ask what happens in your case with the balance of the cash rewards if you have a balance there. good luck!
Message 31 of 38
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i like to set my habit as paying it in full BEFORE statement cut so i pass ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 32 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

@nicholasyud wrote:

i like to set my habit as paying it in full BEFORE statement cut so i pass ;-(

You still want one card to report a non-zero balance anyway. Why not make it this card? Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 38
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@HiLine
..but does the BBR not require a non 0 balance reporting to be eligible for the reward?

edit: sorry did nor see the non zero you mentioned ..lol
Message 34 of 38
GhostLykeSwayze

Can anyone confirm that the Netflix idea mentioned ealier works? I got a message today from a BoA CS rep that made it sound like this wouldn't work. Paying $8 dollars when your min payment is $8 wouldn't seem to qualify. Unless of course an $8 balance results in anything less than an $8 minimum payment (doubt it). Does anyone know what would be the smallest amount you could charge each month, pay off in full, and get the reward? I guess I need to find out what is the lowest minimum payment amount BoA issues. 

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GhostLykeSwayze wrote:

Can anyone confirm that the Netflix idea mentioned ealier works? I got a message today from a BoA CS rep that made it sound like this wouldn't work. Paying $8 dollars when your min payment is $8 wouldn't seem to qualify. Unless of course an $8 balance results in anything less than an $8 minimum payment (doubt it). Does anyone know what would be the smallest amount you could charge each month, pay off in full, and get the reward? I guess I need to find out what is the lowest minimum payment amount BoA issues. 

Qualifying Payment

1. A monthly payment received on or before the Due Date, which is more than the Minimum Payment due;
2. A payment in full received on or before the Due Date is a Qualifying Payment (in your case, $8.)

(Min. due is $25 or more for anything more than $25.) 

Message 36 of 38
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a question. Better Balance Rewards says to pay in full or more than min. due to ge the reward but if i pay in full then my balance due will roll back to $0 and will not qualify a reward ? 

BOF: Upon checking, as you already have a zero balance on the statement, this will not be qualified for the quarter. 

BOF: You must have at least a balance every month and pay it in full on or before the due date so you will be qualified.

You: if i pay before the due date then my min. payment due will be $0 and will not qualify for the following quarter ?

BOF: Yes, that is right.

BOF: I would best suggest that you pay your balance after the closing date and on or before the due date.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.