Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Approved (Another WOW)

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

NFCU - Approved (Another WOW)

For those that haven't been reading my thread on credit cards forum...

I had received an offer from USAA and already had quailified over there due to connection with my step-father.  Retired USAF Col.

Folks suggested NFCU but I went and didn't feel I would qualify but folks suggested I call and speak to a CSR.  The CSR was a very helpful person who pulled in membership manager and was told from my situation I would qualify.  In the future I may receive request for documentation.  No prob I can get that.

• Set up savings and Checking. 
  • Funded both - 100 bucks each

I didn't want to try for a credit card just yet but Creditaddict shared with me that they did a HP to set up the accounts... wow.  That was not disclosed at all!

So I just went online and set up my access and saw a message that I was already approved for a car loan... interesting!

I pulled the trigger on an app for Cash Rewards Visa Siggy and was approved for $15K starting limit!!!!

I need to start gardening all over again... and determine when I close my CapOnes and couple others.

Thanks for the encouragement from my coaching staff on myFico.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU - Approved (Another WOW)

Congrats Barry

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 21
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Thanks MyJourney!

Sadly, I've been with Wells Fargo for 18 years and not a single offer other than the $1.5K Visa.  It's never to late to teach an old dog new tricks!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 3 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Thanks MyJourney!

Sadly, I've been with Wells Fargo for 18 years and not a single offer other than the $1.5K Visa.  It's never to late to teach an old dog new tricks!

Lol 

Hopefully they learn Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 21
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WELCOME.. Navy is my PRIMARY bank they have been so wonderful with all the products.

Message 6 of 21
dursty87
Established Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the NFCU family.
Message 7 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

Told you!!!! Congrats and welcome!!!👏👏
Message 8 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Talk about bringing down the house!Smiley Very Happy

Nice Job Barry! Congrats!

Message 9 of 21
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

Welcome to NFCU! Smiley Happy congrats on your approval!!!

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.