Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC 3-5 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CC 3-5 day message

Hi Everyone  I posted on the approval section that  my husband and I joined NFCU today and applied for the Navcheck and CC.  We did get approved for $!5k Navcheck but got a 3-5 day notice on the reward CC.  Has anyone had a decline on a CC and an approval for the Navcheck?  We are rebuilding our credit after a Bk and forclosure in 2007.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU CC 3-5 day message

Not likely.. If you're not approved by morning call Smiley Happy
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 14
scrubs
Regular Contributor

when you sign up for nfcu and apply for too many credit products that is a red flag for them. Odds are you are going to have to go though their security/fraud dept and in it self is hell.  Back in 2010 i apply for membership and allied for cc and a small loan about 1000 dollars about 3 days later my online banking was locked out and my cc was frozen. navy became very nasty and took about 2 months before everything was fine. i had to drive to nfcu branch which was about 200+ miles.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! hopefully not but no worries on verifying my husband was a Marine and has papers to show proof of eligiblity. I was more worried about getting declined on the CC.  I made sure to call in and talk to a CSR to verify eligilbity and signed membership via phone... Offered to bring in the paperwork and she said none was needed instant approval (not sure if that ment they verified eligiblity somehow)

Message 4 of 14
scrubs
Regular Contributor

key word "was" did you sign up for nfcu, before he was discharge or after if it was after then its a no go for navy unless he was retired.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

He was discharged and thats what I told her several times even told her why does the web site state retired and she said they actually allow discharged members as long as it was honorable and served active.  My husband went active twice before getting out... Hopefully she gave me the right info because I would have never joined and alllowed the credit pulls.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh now I am all worried.  I think we will run into the branch on my next day off luckily there is several near me.

@Anonymous wrote:

He was discharged and thats what I told her several times even told her why does the web site state retired and she said they actually allow discharged members as long as it was honorable and served active.  My husband went active twice before getting out... Hopefully she gave me the right info because I would have never joined and alllowed the credit pulls.

Message 7 of 14
scrubs
Regular Contributor

i hope you luck. I think she might give you some wrong  information on this site there is alot of information about nfcu requirments about membership. if he was a member before he was discharged then you are ok if not then the security dept will lock your account. going back to the front line csr- they are not well train again there is alot of information about this topic as well.  I know all to well I was in the army and was discharge and i sign for new membership then i was locked out.  i got back in though the back door and every was fine afterwards.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called Navy Fed and found out we are not eligible so I asked them to close all accounts.  I dont belive in staying where we are not wanted or lying about it.  I did tell them they need to retrain the CSR I talked to luckily I had her name and ID number.  I told them they needed to listen to our conversation because they probably have a lot of new members not qualified in their system.  The good news is I did sign up with USAA and got pretty much what I wanted from Navy Fed.  Smiley Very Happy  .  So far very happy with USAA signed up for their amazing car/ home insurance also.  So doing the right thing payed off Smiley Very Happy

1. 12k personal loan to pay off debt
  2. approved for $8k Visa. 
Message 9 of 14
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I called Navy Fed and found out we are not eligible so I asked them to close all accounts.  I dont belive in staying where we are not wanted or lying about it.  I did tell them they need to retrain the CSR I talked to luckily I had her name and ID number.  I told them they needed to listen to our conversation because they probably have a lot of new members not qualified in their system.  The good news is I did sign up with USAA and got pretty much what I wanted from Navy Fed.  Smiley Very Happy  .  So far very happy with USAA signed up for their amazing car/ home insurance also.  So doing the right thing payed off Smiley Very Happy

1. 12k personal loan to pay off debt
  2. approved for $8k Visa. 

Congrats on your success! 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.