cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards instant approval just blew my mind.

tag
Affalterbach
Established Member

NFCU Cash Rewards instant approval just blew my mind.

Instant approval for $20,000 and APR is prime + 6.4%! Smiley Very Happy The letter said rates would be 9.65-18.0%. So it seems I was given the lowest APR offered and an incredible limit as well. Info in my signature covers what I had going on before card wise. Also Chase is showing closed on my credit report currently due to a dispute in progress. I thought this might hurt my app but aparently not. I joined NFCU Last October and opened a car loan with them for just over $20,000 and they offered me a limit which was a few grand higher and immediatly said they could get me more if I wanted when applying over the phone. I told them that it was plenty thank you. Made all my payments on time and my last 2 payments I over paid by a couple hundred each payment.

I got the pre-selected offer in the mail yesterday and I've been upset at my low limits on my other cards the past few weeks. I will need to make a purchase in the $3-4K range in the next few weeks and was wondering what I could do to make the payment as it was a mail order item. I have been gardening wanting to let things cool off and let some hard pulls fall off but I needed a card that could handle a higher transaction and I wanted it to be a cash rewards card. 1.5% on everything beat my Chase Freedom at 1% for everything and they haven't auto increased me for nearly a year now with heavy usage and paying in full multiple times a month for the last year and a half. I always ended the cycle with a 5-20% of limit balance. Chase originally bumped me from $1000 to $1500 to $2000 in 3-4 month intervals than nothing.... Well now NFCU will get my CC traffic unless its a 5% reward item from Chase. I have nothing but great things to say about NFCU, always easy and friendly to deal with and they seem to just throw credit at me by the shovel full! haha 

Started - Under 500's due to medical bills
Current - EQ MYFICO - 767, TU WalMart Fico - 779, EX Plus - 744 Credit Karma - 709
Goal - 800+ across the board
NFCU Cash Rewards $20,000Chase Freedom $2,000, Capital One Platinum $1,500, Walmart Store Card $3,600, AMEX Green Card.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards instant approval just blew my mind.

Congrats! Unreal... awesome!
Message 2 of 16
Affalterbach
Established Member

Just checked my Walmart reported credit score and saw it had jumped a bit so wanted to add that for anyone else applying and comparing thier situation. My Walmart Fico is showing 779 currently and I also added my Credit Karma score of 709 as of today. I'm still shocked at the limit I was given with how low my other cards are!

Started - Under 500's due to medical bills
Current - EQ MYFICO - 767, TU WalMart Fico - 779, EX Plus - 744 Credit Karma - 709
Goal - 800+ across the board
NFCU Cash Rewards $20,000Chase Freedom $2,000, Capital One Platinum $1,500, Walmart Store Card $3,600, AMEX Green Card.
Message 3 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Smiley Surprised Awesome limit and APR. Welcome to the NFCU family. 

Message 5 of 16
Forte747
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your limits. NFCU is really a great institution, u treat them right and they'll do the same.

EQ: 661, EXP: 667, TU: 682, FICO®
GOAL: 800s
IN MY WALLET: AMEX PRG: NPSL | NAVY goRewards VISA: $7K | NAVY CashRewards: $3K | Navchek: $15K | Cap1QuicksilverOne: $2K | Cap1 QuickSilverOne: $2K | Cap1 Spark Business: $1K | Discover IT: $1.4K | Harley Visa: $1.5K | Lowes: $3.9K | FingerHut: $3.5K | NASA Rewards Visa: $2K | Amazon: $1.4K | Barclay Apple Visa: $1.2 | Barclay Rewards: $1.5K | GM WM Elite: $1000 | Walmart SC: $4K | | Kohls: $300 |
Message 6 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 7 of 16
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!! 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 8 of 16
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Wink

NFCU is in my opinion #1 Credit Union

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 9 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! NFCU is so awesome!'n
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.