Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cli

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU cli

It stories like these that gives me high hopes that my little secured card will boom with big cli's!
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 20
rbizzle
Contributor

I wanna ask for a small increase but don't want to risk the hard pull =/

Message 12 of 20
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Do they ever give out increases if you don't ask for them?  I don't want to ask.  I'd like to get a CLI at some point, but I hope they will just give it to me automatically.  Do they do that?

Established Contributor

Yes close to your ann. Date
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 14 of 20
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks, Smug.  That's good to know.

Contributor

Ok, soooo i did it, requested a small $500 increase.  It was instant! So i guess i feel better now lol I LOVE NFCU!

Message 16 of 20
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Do they ever give out increases if you don't ask for them?  I don't want to ask.  I'd like to get a CLI at some point, but I hope they will just give it to me automatically.  Do they do that?

I got an auto CLI at both 12 months and 18 months. Started at 14K. 1st CLI went to 16.5, second was to 19.8. I've seen these numbers on others posts about NFCU so I am assuming that they are their own internal CL points that they give without a phone in or on-line request.

I was carrying a balance greater than 25% of CL at the time of both CLI's. I do have direct deposit with them and NAVCHECK overdraft. Never got an auto CLI on NAVCHECK just the CC.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 20
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

That. Exactly that. Same limits and timeframe. Was hoping for another at 24 months but no luv. Not going to request it though, they have been beyond generous with the autos and I'm not going to make any waves.
Message 18 of 20
zhenxinqian
Contributor

I've never got an auto CLI. I've had my Rewards card since Oct 2005. =/

I got a CLI from 1k to 2k because I requested it online a few weeks ago (was afraid to ask for anymore then that at the time).

It's got a high balance at the moment, but I plan on paying off before my statement date 2/10.

Would it be too soon to ask for a CLI again right after my statement updates with a $0 balance?

My credit score has approved from 600 to 660ish EQ since my last request. And my DTI has gone from 80% down to about 40% give or take a few points. But significant to say the least. 

Starting Score: 600ish
Current Score: 638 Myfico EQ!
Goal Score: 640 by March 1st, 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This forum helps me understand and feel pretty good about my credit. I am a NFCU member and have had a platinum VISA with them about 5 months. After reading your replys regarding easy cli's I pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon. Looked this morning and cli was showing on my account details. Started out with 7000 and requested 1500 cli. Now at 8500 with about 5k balance due to some recent bt's and car repair. Thanks guys!

BTW this is my first post on myfico.

TU score was about 680. Hard pull showing on TU from NFCU/VISA.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.