cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU just approved, now some questions...

tag
joe867
Valued Member

NFCU just approved, now some questions...

I'm new to this forum and after reading for a few days I decided to try my luck using some of the great advice I saw on here. I knew about NFCU but failed to join before my contract with the USMC ended. Luckily for me my father retired from the Navy. I called yesterday to setup an account, called back today to confirm that I was approved and immediately asked to be transferred to the CC dept. A couple minutes later I hear the good news "You have been approved for $15,000 with a rate of 10.xx%" I was obviously very excited. My next highest CL was only 1k. So thank you for the info that led me to this!

Now for my question... I've read about asking for a CLI after 60 days, with the limit I have is that still recommended?

A little background on me... EX 743 according to PSECU, AAoA ~ 5.5 , 35% util, 50k/yr income, bought a house 13 months ago.

-Joe

P.S. While writing this I also bumped my Gap card from 800 to 1400! Thanks again!

EX 761 (5/14); EQ 784 (4/14); TU 778 (5/14)

NFCU cashRewards 23k | Marriott Premier MC 18k | US Bank Club Carlson 15k | Amex BCP 14.3k | Citi AA Exec 13k | Barclays US Airways 10k | PSECU 7.5k | Amex SPG 7k | Amex Old Blue Cash 5k | Chase Sapphire 5k | Ink Plus 5k | PenFed Platinum Rewards 5k | PenFed Defender 5k | PenFed LOC 5k | Gap 4300 | Amex SPG Biz | Amazon Chase 500 |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU just approved, now some quesitons...

Double Congrats Smiley Very Happy

About the CLI - I do not know. I am not allowed into NFCU Smiley Frustrated

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 2 of 4
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@joe867 wrote:

I'm new to this forum and after reading for a few days I decided to try my luck using some of the great advice I saw on here. I knew about NFCU but failed to join before my contract with the USMC ended. Luckily for me my father retired from the Navy. I called yesterday to setup an account, called back today to confirm that I was approved and immediately asked to be transfered to the CC dept. A couple minutes later I hear the good news "You have been approved for $15,000 with a rate of 10.xx%" I was obviously very excited. My next highest CL was only 1k. So thank you for the info that led me to this!

Now for my question... I've read about asking for a CLI after 60 days, with the limit I have is that still recomended?

A little background on me... EX 743 according to PSECU, AAoA , 35% util, 50k/yr income, bought a house 13 months ago.

-Joe

P.S. While writing this I also bumped my Gap card from 800 to 1400! Thanks again!

Congratulations and welcome 2x to the forum and the nfcu family yes you can always ask for a increase for a higher limit just keep in mind it will be a hard pull. Instead of waiting 2 months you could request this now instead of waiting 60 days. Im happy for you congrats againSmiley Happy Nfcu Rocks!

Message 3 of 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Welcome and congrats on your success!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.