cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU flagship approval

tag
leeloo2013

Navy FCU flagship approval

I was just approved for the flagship card without documentation for 25,000! way to go navy! I previously only had two 10k cards from two different credit unions. Im even carring 9k balances on both. 

Paying them all off this month though and will have zero balances accross the board. How long do you think till I can get up to 40k? 

EQ 652 TU 686 EX 676

Home depot 5.5k, tire kingdom 3k,Cap one 1.5K, Discover IT 1.5k, CITI 12K, Pen air FCU 10K, Eglin FCU 10K, and many other various store cards. 3 Open autos
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: Navy FCU flagship approval

cONgRATS...

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 2 of 10
leeloo2013

Not so fast

They closed my auto loan, my cc, and my savings account today because they do not have proof that I am eligible for membership. I explained that my step brother who does not live with me is a member, and thats how I signed up. well they want proof and ths and that and theyre only wanting to have it along with my ssn card, Id and proof of address delivered in person. Well the nearest branch from me is a couple hundred miles, so thats out. 

NFCU officially sucks. 

Is there another credit union like them? Wha about USAA or Penfed? That would maybe give me a similar CC approval, and not so much hassle. I faxed them my ID ssn card, check stubs, and bill, but they told me theres a discrepency and theyre unacceptable.. I was like well this is the same stuff I would bring in person, so whats the deal? They could not tell me what the discrepency was. 

Go figure. 

EQ 652 TU 686 EX 676

Home depot 5.5k, tire kingdom 3k,Cap one 1.5K, Discover IT 1.5k, CITI 12K, Pen air FCU 10K, Eglin FCU 10K, and many other various store cards. 3 Open autos
Message 3 of 10
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Re: Not so fast

USAA and PenFed have credit approval criteria that are much stricter. Navy Federal is by far the best when it comes to issuing credit lines that blow all other out of the water.. as far as 650 scores go...

They sometimes get caught up on verifying information from some members. Their customer service is not the best, and a lot of their reps in my opinion talk out of their rear end. Call again. Tell them you want to speak with a supervisor immediately. Explain to the supervisor your issue. Explain that you live too far from a branch to submit the verification in person. Also explain that there is no discrepancy with your documentation because they are your documents. If they feel there is a discrepancy, ask them what it is? Don't let them tell you no for an answer otherwise you want a higher review/supervisor of the supervisor. Send them every piece of identifying information you possibly have. Passport, DL, employee ID, utility bills, other credit card and bank statements.. Let them see that everything does add up.

It's annoying. I agree that besides their limits, they're no different than any other CU.. but don't give up on a $25k limit that easily.

Also, what do you mean they closed your auto loan? Who do you pay now? They can't just close your auto loan when they hold the title.. what are you supposed to do?

Message 4 of 10
leeloo2013

I mean they approved me for a refi, and my check was waiting at a branch, but now they have recalled that approval. So apparently my accounts are under review with the security department for whatever reason, going to try to talk with them now. 

EQ 652 TU 686 EX 676

Message 5 of 10
leeloo2013

woman was a jerk, arguing with me, I asked for the supervisor, so who knows what will happen now. What is these peoples problem? 

EQ 652 TU 686 EX 676

Message 6 of 10
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: Navy FCU flagship approval

Sorry to hear that. Why won't they take it by mail?

Message 7 of 10
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear about that man, you might as we'll go the extra mile.  All it takes is a little time, and some documents.  I am a military member and have both penfed and USAA, this is your best shot at a CC with that limit.  USAA will probably give you a 10k, and penfed, we'll, not with a 650, they are very very strict.  Hope this can help you, and I encourage you to just submit your documentation and "play the game".  You will thank yourself later.

But if your "really" not qualified to join than you might as we'll let it go.

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 8 of 10
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

NFCU's site does not say anything about stepsiblings, but the NCUA bylaws do.

NFCU hates me (never got auto CLIs, denied CLIs, same CL as a decade ago and lousy car rates) and I retired from active duty. However, it seems to treat 98 percent of the people here far better, including you. 

Just send in the proof they need, and call it a day.

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, can you bring in the documents when you were going to pick up your check at a branch? NFCU is a very good CU, I do wish they would verify eligibility before lending credit so situations like this can be averted.

If your stepbrother is a member you should be eligible. Assuming of course, stepchildren are equal to step siblings:

This includes those whose family members are currently a member of Navy Federal or eligible for membership.

Our definition of Family Member includes grandparent, parent, spouse, sibling, children (adopted, foster, and step), grandchildren, and household members.*

*Household members who are eligible through existing members MUST reside at the same address and make an economic contribution to the financial stability of the household of the existing member.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.