Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Add'l Credit Line to Boost Score

tag
Mysticuno
Contributor

Need Add'l Credit Line to Boost Score

Hello....Does anyone have suggestions of credit cards that I can add with a low credit score to help boost my credit score?  The only current card I have is a NFCU Secured Card with a $500 CL.

Thanks!

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need Add'l Credit Line to Boost Score

What is keeping your score low? It's easier to advise if we know what might be a potential denial based on your credit history.
Message 2 of 22
JKXX
New Contributor

Need a little more info. AAoA, baddies, etc?

Last Inq: 10/24/14. EQ: 770 (10-02-13), TU08: 797 (10-27-14), EX: ??
Chase Ink $18,500 | REI Visa $17,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Discover IT $10,000 | Sallie Mae $10,000 | Amex BCE $9,000 | BOA 123 $7,500 | US Bank Cash+ $7,000 | Wells Fargo Rewards $4,900 | Walmart Discover $6,500 | Chase Amazon $1,000
Message 3 of 22
Mysticuno
Contributor

AAoA is 5yrs. Bankrupcy over 6yrs, have good CL's are car loan, previous repo 4yrs ago trying to negotiate a PFD of 1500., student loans current with some lates over 2yrs, AS Furniture loan current. Paid off past medical bads, tmobile, university of phoenix....mostly small collections with a few agreed upon PFD, one removed and was on my acct in error in the amt of $4800 ...removed.  

Any advice is much appreciated. 

Message 4 of 22
Mysticuno
Contributor

Additionally, after the previous repo collection is paid and a final collection of 309. PFD, I will have paid more than 5k on cleanup but totaling over 10k of negative showing owed on my report. Working to become mortgage ready for 1st Q next year.

Message 5 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Until you finish taking care of your baddies,your score will be hurt. Baddies after a bk are scored harsher on EX 08. For the paid off collections, write GW letters. For the lates with the SLs, also write GW letters.

Regarding cc's that might approve, check the ore-qual site for Cap1, I'm not positive if BoA secured would work with the recent baddies but I would also add SDFCU Secured.

If you have a relationship with a CU, start there first.
Message 6 of 22
Mysticuno
Contributor

makes sense to write the GW letters. Baddies will be paid by mid Dec. and will have nothing negative on report. I took out a $500 secured loan with Chartway FCU in June to help boost score and PIF last month. Guess it'll be a waiting game to boost score by March. Thanks for the advice. 

Message 7 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You are welcome. When rebuilding its important to repair and rebuild simultaneously. Getting the baddies off and adding TLs will make a positive change in your overall profile.
Message 8 of 22
Mysticuno
Contributor

Was approved today for both JCrew $250CL and CAP1 Unsecured $300. It's a little start but good news.

Message 9 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Mysticuno wrote:

Was approved today for both JCrew $250CL and CAP1 Unsecured $300. It's a little start but good news.

BOOM... congrats, now wait for the rest of the baddies to show paid then it will really help... believe me as soon as I did that I got Navy and 76 Gas!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.